My new Monte Carlo

Hi All 

I ordered my Monte Carlo at the end of Feb/Start of March. I was told that the car would be ready at the end of May, but since i placed the order my dealer has been great and they have been giving me weekly updates. Happy to say the car was made ahead of schedule and is ready to be collect next Monday. 

Does anybody less think that they quote long lead time, to get people to order a car that they have in stock ?? As i was quoted 16 weeks and it took half of that ? 

Also i went for the race blue, 110hp 1.2 TSI, with 17" wheels, sport suspension, heated seat and the simply clever pack (a phone holder and some bits for the door pockets lol) Brought it through Carwow as my local dealer was useless, the service i got from Skoda in Derby was great. They sent me the below photo this morning :) 

Cant wait to get it now. 

post-141146-0-98271800-1460987154_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Sounds excellent,I bet you're very excited!

My SEL is Race Blue,I think it looks great in that colour.

I think they do try to sell cars they have in stock first. After ordering mid-March I was originally told I could be waiting until the end of June for a factory order. So they offered me a few cars from stock. But, I said I'd prefer a factory order and they were fine with it. Build week is this week so it is looking good for mid-May delivery and much earlier than the original estimated delivery time. Fingers crossed.

Yours looks great. I've also gone for the race blue. Not in Monte form though. 

Your monte carlo looks stunning. Especially in that race blue. I've only just noticed these monte carlos whilst perusing the internet and think they look awesome from every angle. I hope they drive as good as they look. Enjoy :thumbup:

Just a word of warning (don't know if it's a particular problem with race blue).

I managed to leave some minor surface scratches on mine at the DIY car wash at our local garage. I think it was the hose scraping against the car and/or the worn brush. Lesson learned for me.

Now well waxed and hardly visible (although I know where they are!).

Hi All 

I ordered my Monte Carlo at the end of Feb/Start of March. I was told that the car would be ready at the end of May, but since i placed the order my dealer has been great and they have been giving me weekly updates. Happy to say the car was made ahead of schedule and is ready to be collect next Monday. 

Does anybody less think that they quote long lead time, to get people to order a car that they have in stock ?? As i was quoted 16 weeks and it took half of that ? 

Also i went for the race blue, 110hp 1.2 TSI, with 17" wheels, sport suspension, heated seat and the simply clever pack (a phone holder and some bits for the door pockets lol) Brought it through Carwow as my local dealer was useless, the service i got from Skoda in Derby was great. They sent me the below photo this morning :)

Cant wait to get it now. 

Love the colour well done :) 

Still not seen another Fabia III in Topaz Brown. Have seen an Octavia Estate...with German 'plates, (in Lincoln, of course?), and a Bentley Mulsanne, (I think), in the colour...plus a selection of VW stuff. Are there many out there?

just a standard monte with the 1.4tdi 90ps diesel engine, no added extras i believe as was what i imagine to be a cancelled order, it arrived in sheerness Saturday so hopefully collect at the weekend, i did go for a drive last night to see if it was visible in the vw lockup as that's just down the road from me but i couldn't see it. so exciting as i loved my original Mk2 monte i had originally.

Still not seen another Fabia III in Topaz Brown. Have seen an Octavia Estate...with German 'plates, (in Lincoln, of course?), and a Bentley Mulsanne, (I think), in the colour...plus a selection of VW stuff. Are there many out there?

i had an octy in that colour as a curtosey car the other day while mine was in for servicing which was the first i had even seen the colour, i didn't know it existed before that as had never seen one, closest id seen to that was the cappuccino colour on a mk2 fabia estate and a yeti.

just a standard monte with the 1.4tdi 90ps diesel engine, no added extras i believe as was what i imagine to be a cancelled order, it arrived in sheerness Saturday so hopefully collect at the weekend, i did go for a drive last night to see if it was visible in the vw lockup as that's just down the road from me but i couldn't see it. so exciting as i loved my original Mk2 monte i had originally.

Cool, what colour did you go for ? It only took a week for me to get mine once in the UK so you should get it, but most dealers dont like doing weekend handovers, so it might be worth giving them a call to check ? 

My wife wanted that Topaz Brown, but I wanted Sprint Yellow. As we couldn't agree, I took Corrida Red :D

Cool, what colour did you go for ? It only took a week for me to get mine once in the UK so you should get it, but most dealers dont like doing weekend handovers, so it might be worth giving them a call to check ?

Candy white, pick up Saturday morning, they've also chucked in the paint protection for me as both me and mum ordered cars the same day which was a nice touch I thought. Should be delivered to them either tomorrow or Thursday.

Just a word of warning (don't know if it's a particular problem with race blue).

I managed to leave some minor surface scratches on mine at the DIY car wash at our local garage. I think it was the hose scraping against the car and/or the worn brush. Lesson learned for me.

Now well waxed and hardly visible (although I know where they are!).

I wash my cars with the two buckets and a decent quality wash mitt and I still have a few scratches on the metallic black of my Polo. I try but the blighters still appear despite my best efforts. Good looking car.

My wife wanted that Topaz Brown, but I wanted Sprint Yellow. As we couldn't agree, I took Corrida Red :D

cant go wrong with the red! such a nice colour, what i would have gone for if i'd wanted to wait the 12-16 weeks

My mum and dad's Yeti is in Corrida Red and it really looks good on that model too.

• Like 1

cant go wrong with the red! such a nice colour, what i would have gone for if i'd wanted to wait the 12-16 weeks

Corrida Red was my first choice...but no near match to my spec on UK stock at the time. Bought the Topaz Brown before ever seeing a car in that colour. Brave? Stupid? Adventurous? All of the above but do like it and it gathers nice comments. With that colour the panoramic roof is not even slightly obvious from the outside, so first-time passengers get a pleasant surprise.

It's the small things in life......

• Like 1