Travel Mug to suit S3

What have others got? My cheapo £3.99 one has given up the ghost.

Need something to fit in the S3 central cup holder and will keep things warm for a relatively good amount of time, don't mind spending a bit to get something decent but is a Contigo too much?

31PFkc%2BtxJL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Contigo-West-Loop-Autoseal-Travel/dp/B011LG9FNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461934737&sr=8-1&keywords=contigo

• Like 2

This is a great idea ! Always feel the need to spend and Mrs can't complain it's not useful ! And it comes in red ! Yeah really like that one Coops .... If no one comes up with anything better I'll be ordering one of those on Monday :-)

• Like 1

Flippin' heck Nick - calm down! I don't even know whether it fits or not.

Lower diameter is 7cm, so I think it might.

Acutally, you order it and test, if it works I'll order one!  :clap:

Edited by Coops
  • Like 1

Like Coops better.... Mrs Birthday soon... I'll buy her a red one and if it fits I'll get her something else.... Have a Nectar card with 800 points on it .... She can have that ;-)

I'm beginning to think the S3 subsection is the new Yeti subsection!

You guys need to get out (to other sections) more! ;)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/397026-travel-mug/#entry4600216

See my post at #9. If that Contigo is the same width as my one, it won't fit the centre consol cup holders, but does fit in the door bottle holders.

Still a good piece of kit.

Thanks, did a search but inconclusive!

Are the O3 centre holders same as S3 then?

Does your Contigo leak?

It doesn't leak, and I've had it for at least 5 years. Not sure why the linked version has an 'open' lock as that for me defeats it's main purpose; to automatically close when I release the button or if I have to drop it in a hurry and not spill all over the interior of my vehicle or over me!

I may be wrong on this, but my understanding is the cup holders are the same size as those in the Yeti and MkII Octavia.

I may be wrong on this, but my understanding is the cup holders are the same size as those in the Yeti and MkII Octavia.

Need to establish this first I reckon.

I have new version of Contigo, and it not fit in the cental cup holder. Bottom is OK but as you can see on the picture cup became more wider and this is the issue. However fit perfectly in the doors bottle holder as it is quite tall. I'm very happy with this one. Self seal is brilliant stuff. Keep warm also very good.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Be aware that if you buy a coloured Contigo they advise you not to put it in the dishwasher. The silver/non coloured are fine.

I've had my Contigo for about 5 years, so things might have changed since then.

However fit perfectly in the doors bottle holder as it is quite tall. I'm very happy with this one. Self seal is brilliant stuff. Keep warm also very good.

I prefer the drink on that side, assuming the self seal is reliable. I drink with that hand anyway and tall cups just seem 'in the way' in the central position. Plus if there is a catastrophic drink spillage incident, I would rather it was over my feet or the door pocket rather than the gear selector and central console :)

Edited by Kungfugerbil

I prefer the drink on that side, assuming the self seal is reliable. I drink with that hand anyway and tall cups just seem 'in the way' in the central position. Plus if there is a catastrophic drink spillage incident, I would rather it was over my feet or the door pocket rather than the gear selector and central console :)

Yeah. Me too. Generally I found it quite comfortable. I have that cup now for about 2 months and using it with my S3. Self seal really working very well. No problems at all with reach mug and put it back in the door holder. I have DSG and keep mug/ bottle in holder isn't a problem. But really can't image it with manual gearbox. Too scary for me tbh ;-) Danger of spill fluid on the central console is quite real.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

What have others got? My cheapo £3.99 one has given up the ghost.

Need something to fit in the S3 central cup holder and will keep things warm for a relatively good amount of time, don't mind spending a bit to get something decent but is a Contigo too much?

31PFkc%2BtxJL.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Contigo-West-Loop-Autoseal-Travel/dp/B011LG9FNY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1461934737&sr=8-1&keywords=contigo

I have 2 of those for the coffee / tea:

http://www.amazon.de/Emsa-513552-Isolierbecher-Verschluss-Wasserblau/dp/B00BETXJZE?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

It fit perfectly in the front and in the back.

And I have 2 of those for the water:

http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B01C73GJNE/ref=s9_simh_gw_p200_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=A3JWKAKR8XB7XF&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=009YNXB4XJZ5BFC6SQ9Z&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=862808927&pf_rd_i=desktop

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can confirm........

It doesnt fit :(

What about we find cups we like.... Send you the links. You buy them and then let us know if they fit ??? Sounds like a win win to me ! You have loads of useful cups and we eventually get one that fits !!!

;-)

• Like 1

I also have this one which DOES fit in the cup holder (MkII Octy Scout anyway!) but the button to open and close the lid can be a bit hit and miss. I bought mine from Argos, but I see they no longer stock it.

http://www.thermohero.com/products/thermos-discovery-tumbler-470ml-black?lssrc=related

Just went out to double check, and the Thermos mug fits perfectly. There is a gap of approximately 1.5cm at the bottom. So approximately 4-5cm of the mug is held in place. It feels pretty stable and secure. I only wish it had the same mechanism as the Contigo Autoseal. :(

Edited by Guest

What about we find cups we like.... Send you the links. You buy them and then let us know if they fit ??? Sounds like a win win to me ! You have loads of useful cups and we eventually get one that fits !!!

;-)

Aye nee bother what shall 'we' go for next  :D

I already had one to be fair

Edited by Captainfunbags