Travel Mug to suit S3

Sorry for the old thread but did anyone find a good solution for this?

I would really prefer a cup to fit in the central cup holder than the door pocket; not everyones cup of tea (haha!) but certainly my preference.

39 minutes ago, VRS_Dan said:

Sorry for the old thread but did anyone find a good solution for this?

I would really prefer a cup to fit in the central cup holder than the door pocket; not everyones cup of tea (haha!) but certainly my preference.

I don't think anything conclusive was found apart from the fact that the Contigo doesn't fit the centre cup holder. Like you I prefer to use the central one as I have stuff stuffed into the side pocket!

This is what I'm currently using but It appears to be letting moisture in between the skins so looking to replace. 

£5 of my money very well spent about 8 years ago!

IMG_7652.JPG

IMG_7653.JPG

After much searching (to the point where I was measuring the base diameters of cups in shops) I found a cup that fits perfectly. Comfortable fit in the central holder but not loose enough that it will fall over when knocked. Bonus was they were only £1 each in Poundland - available in red, black and mauve. Stickers came off easily once I got home. Time will tell as to how good they are but as I only want them for occaisional use they should be fine.

IMG_1527.JPG

IMG_1528.JPG

I like coffee... but dont feel the need to have a cup in any car... drink water and chuck the bottle in the passenger footwell with the burger king wrappers.

On 31 March 2017 at 11:23, facet edge said:

Also if you're caught drinking it when in the driver's seat you done get done for not being in proper control of the vehicle.

Not strictly true. You can get done, but it depends on the copper. If you are driving badly because you are concentrating on your coffee, then you will get done for driving without due care and attention. If you are driving fine, then you will probably be ok. The reason being, driving without due care and attention can apply to many things such as turning a radio station over, smoking a cigarette, distracted by other people in the car and so on. If the police policed it all to within an inch of the law, they would never have time for anything else.

Actually Facet Edge is totally correct. Proof of driver not in proper control only requires that, unless the car is specially adapted, both hands were not free to control the vehicle whilst moving. It's a 'minor' non-endorsable FPN offence. It was the primary recourse we used before specific endorsable legislation was introduced for using a mobile phone. In simplified terms, it's holding something you shouldn't be holding whilst driving.

s.3 Driving Without Due Care and Attention (and the second part, Driving Without Reasonable Consideration for Other Road Users), which is endorsable and disqualifiable, would be akin to using a sledgehammer to crack a walnut and is intended where the manner of driving falls below the standard expected of the average motorist.

• Like 1

Thank you for the clarification. I just gave my answer based on what a traffic officer told us when we attended a driver awareness course on getting our taxi badge.

The point I was trying (and failing) to get across was that facet edge stated that if you get caught drinking coffee behind the wheel you will get done, but I was advised that as you pointed out, because it's a minor thing, depending on the copper, he may well turn a blind eye.

5 hours ago, Jaytip said:

Thank you for the clarification. I just gave my answer based on what a traffic officer told us when we attended a driver awareness course on getting our taxi badge.

The point I was trying (and failing) to get across was that facet edge stated that if you get caught drinking coffee behind the wheel you will get done, but I was advised that as you pointed out, because it's a minor thing, depending on the copper, he may well turn a blind eye.

Unless of course you live in Essex in which case you will definitely get done :o

Well Boys and Girls I have this one sorted, picked my Superb up on Saturday and also received a gift pack that they give to all there customers that buy cars. (i have enclosed a few pictures) and they also give me an extra cup for the wife, nice touch I thought.

I have also enclosed a picture of the cup box along with the part number, i think there about £8.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Edited by Silverfox73
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Silverfox73 said:

Well Boys and Girls I have this one sorted, picked my Superb up on Saturday and also received a gift pack that they give to all there customers that buy cars. (i have enclosed a few pictures) and they also give me an extra cup for the wife, nice touch I thought.

I have also enclosed a picture of the cup box along with the part number, i think there about £8.

That looks just the tick, thanks Silverfox73! Will be looking that up now.

Nice touch from the dealer too.....

• 2 weeks later...

Just found they have updated the range in the local Supermarket Mega Store, pretty good prices as well. Not sure I am allowed to say name, so beginning with a "T"

2017-04-15 15.03.48.jpg

2017-04-15 15.04.46.jpg

On 4/15/2017 at 21:43, knfruitbat said:

Just found they have updated the range in the local Supermarket Mega Store, pretty good prices as well. Not sure I am allowed to say name, so beginning with a "T"

2017-04-15 15.03.48.jpg

Having purchased one of those grey numbers (front centre) about a week before I got my SIII I feel I should save you the £13. Nothing on that shelf will fit in the cup holder. Nothing. None of them. Nada. Not one. Which is a shame as they really are very good insulated mugs and keep stuff hot for hours.

• Like 2

Thanks for info, I was going to buy one and try it, then take it straight back if it didn't fit. Much easier than doing it online. You have saved me even that small hassle.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that the White Skoda one shown in Silverfox's post does indeed fit perfectly.  Also its a bit too effective.  I made a coffee over an hour ago and its still too hot too drink... all I've managed to do is remove a layer of skin off of my tongue!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ncpierce said:

I can confirm that the White Skoda one shown in Silverfox's post does indeed fit perfectly.  Also its a bit too effective.  I made a coffee over an hour ago and its still too hot too drink... all I've managed to do is remove a layer of skin off of my tongue!

Hot coffee four hours later as well.....

• Like 1