It's dead

So do I. Confident I will though. Will wait and see what the outcome is before naming in shaming. They have a vw franchise next door too.

So do I. Confident I will though. Will wait and see what the outcome is before naming in shaming. They have a vw franchise next door too.

i will watch with interest there has been so many fail ,have you read the failed tensioner thread its huge , you must be  :swear:  after just spending £8000 on a car from the main dealer .

Or if u like car its been known for whole new engine/poss turbo and fresh 3yr warranty , you are in prime position, if you got refunded then bought another (59/10/60 plate) the same could happen again but without the chance of getting it fixed/refunded

Yeah, I can't fault skoda assist, they've been brilliant.

Sounds like they're doing their best to keep a customer

Issue is well known, hopefully you'll be back on the road in a decent car soon :)

Sounds like negligence or incompetence on the part of the dealer.  If he doesn't give you a full refund plus a loan car while you look for another one I would be tempted to go to small claims court.

The one thing that would worry me is that with only having the car 22 days, and being bought from a Skoda dealer, it will be covered by the Skoda warranty. You may find a clause in there that you need to give the dealer reasonable chance to rectify any issues (and the issues you have WILL be covered by the warranty) before any rejection of the car is entertained.

The dealer is clearly in the wrong, but you might just have to give them that chance to put things right.

But my original statement of going for the jugular still stands firm!

Mike

I would say they were not compitant enough to put it right. If there attitude and explanation of the timing chain ratteling is oh they all do that would you trust the car again after the dealer done the work?

Within the 1st 30 days I'm entitled to reject the vehicle. They'd already had it back once to rectify the fault and failed. 70 miles after they said " it's fine, they all do that Sir" it failed to start.

Fingers crossed for you dude.  Mine had this failure at the end of Oct 2013, so I'm hoping it won't happen again. Finger's crossed that it has the post 2012 revised part.  My car has zero warranty and was bought privately so I'm up **** creek if it happens again...

Assuming the rest of the car was good and you would be looking to buy a similar model , having a car with a dealer fitted warranted replacement engine would not necessarily be the worst position in the world to be in especially if you had use of a similar car while they fixed it. Just something to think about.

It also wants a flywheel and clutch replacement which they agreed to do on warranty, plus paint is flaking on the lips of the front arches and it's just starting to bubble under the paint. It's not had any previous paint but skoda uk have said it's not under paintwork warranty, regardless of the paintwork inspection box being ticked in the service history as " edges and folds are only covered for 3 years, therefore, there is no goodwill "

Pretty poor for a 2010 car in my opinion.

Update **

Skoda dealers have taken the head off mine and have started the repair. I've told them I've already dropped a letter off on Saturday explaining I'm rejecting the vehicle.

Now the sales manager is now off on paternity leave as of this morning and nobody else can deal with it. Not even the business manager apparently.

Skoda Uk have said it's ridiculous that the dealership should try and fob me off like that and are now acting as a middle man.

They've given me a loan car on the instruction of skoda assist as if they didn't, they were going to have to hire one from enterprise.

Update **

Skoda dealers have taken the head off mine and have started the repair. I've told them I've already dropped a letter off on Saturday explaining I'm rejecting the vehicle.

Now the sales manager is now off on paternity leave as of this morning and nobody else can deal with it. Not even the business manager apparently.

Skoda Uk have said it's ridiculous that the dealership should try and fob me off like that and are now acting as a middle man.

They've given me a loan car on the instruction of skoda assist as if they didn't, they were going to have to hire one from enterprise.

Yup Shocking but I'm not surprised. Car dealers are a special breed.  All they care about is £ and $ and hitting sales targets.

Update **

Dealer is likely going to have to repair the car anyway as they'l put it back on the forecourt after refunding you...

Good on Skoda UK for stepping in...

:)

Will wait and see what the outcome is before naming in shaming. They have a vw franchise next door too.

Is this a dealer with Keith in their name?

I'm going to guess Hay**lden Skoda.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Still waiting for a reply from dealership. Skoda Uk have told me Hayseldens need to asses the damage before they can accept my rejection or " see what they can offer me "

Skoda service manager told me they'd got the head off and had assessed the damage last Tuesday.

The sales manager is now on paternity leave and nobody else can deal it apparently.

I gave them 14 days notice that I'm not accepting a repair and Im rejecting the car.

We're now on day 11 and they've not even had the decency to update me.

Next step looks like legal action unfortunately.

• Like 1

Still waiting for a reply from dealership. Skoda Uk have told me Hayseldens need to asses the damage before they can accept my rejection or " see what they can offer me "

Skoda service manager told me they'd got the head off and had assessed the damage last Tuesday.

The sales manager is now on paternity leave and nobody else can deal it apparently.

I gave them 14 days notice that I'm not accepting a repair and Im rejecting the car.

We're now on day 11 and they've not even had the decency to update me.

Next step looks like legal action unfortunately.

Wow, absolute scumbags. It's the way with most car dealers. Many are slimey arrogant gits that just care about targets at £ signs.  Hope it's sorted soon for you.