Door handle Leds - not working.

Hi, I know why they are not working, because I've broken them. I had the door cards off to fit some speakers and now they don't work.

When are they supposed to work, or are they constantly on?

Anything your supposed to do when refitting the door card apart from pushing the connector together, which I did do?!

Illuminated door handles

The ambient door handle lighting on the inside of the doors is an attractive feature. Together with the instrument panel lighting and the black interior, it provides a unique lighting ambiance in the Octavia vRS.

octavia-rs-simply-clever-05.jpg

This feature might not be on the UK vRS? I got the above from the Polish website...

http://skoda.polbisauto.pl/en/models/new-octavia-rs

Edited by silver1011

The UK vrs does have them, they're just not very bright and if you didn't purposefully look for them you wouldn't know they were there.

To the OP sorry I can't help answer your question.

surely they should be on, along with the ambient lights? I'm sure mine are on when it's dark........but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I take it you've checked that you have plugged everything back in?

Using a 12v supply I found the LEDs fuctional, I had to remove the door cards to do it. I then fiddled until I got a voltage from the supply connector. Indeed they are fed with headlamp on. I then plugged everything back in and they work, so logic says I was too careful on assembly the first time

The UK vrs does have them, they're just not very bright and if you didn't purposefully look for them you wouldn't know they were there.

To the OP sorry I can't help answer your question.

Yeah I quite like the idea, but they are so dim as to be all but useless. I can just about see them at night if I am somewhere rural with little street-lighting, but otherwise I don't notice them