WoWo Glass Sealants

(Well not really WoWo but close)

Just ordered some Angle Wax H2Go (http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=h2go-rain-repellent) which will take a few days to turn up.

Also got on the way is Ez Car Care (Long story short: Ebay cheapness).

Now testing these isn't as easy as testing paint sealants, with them its just 50/50 on the bonnet and off you go, with windscreen it's more difficult as the wipers have more of an effect (together with which screen wash is used) as the drivers side covers the screen more. 

If you look just on price point, the Ez is better as you get alot more for the price. (I paid £4.20 (plus £1.99 postage) for 500ml, Angle Wax is £5.95 (plus £2.20 postage)) for reference)

I have used in the past: ArtDeShine, GTech, Nanolex, Dulux, AG, RainEx and probably others I can't remember.

Glass will be washed, clayed, polished, glass cleaner (with a high ipa) dried then applied.

• Like 1

(Well not really WoWo but close)

Just ordered some Angle Wax H2Go (http://www.angelwax.co.uk/?wpsc-product=h2go-rain-repellent) which will take a few days to turn up.

Also got on the way is Ez Car Care (Long story short: Ebay cheapness).

Now testing these isn't as easy as testing paint sealants, with them its just 50/50 on the bonnet and off you go, with windscreen it's more difficult as the wipers have more of an effect (together with which screen wash is used) as the drivers side covers the screen more. 

If you look just on price point, the Ez is better as you get alot more for the price. (I paid £4.20 (plus £1.99 postage) for 500ml, Angle Wax is £5.95 (plus £2.20 postage)) for reference)

I have used in the past: ArtDeShine, GTech, Nanolex, Dulux, AG, RainEx and probably others I can't remember.

Glass will be washed, clayed, polished, glass cleaner (with a high ipa) dried then applied.

Thanks for the update - looking forward to this.... Angelwax H2Go gets superb reviews.

I assume you are comparing this with EZ Gecko glass product?

On the prep front.... the last 6+ months or so - claying my glass has been a new step - but gives amazing results.

I know there is no reason to be surprised with this; but its just a step i never really used before. :thumbup:

• Like 1

The price for the H2Go is £10 for 100ml

Ez is £11.48 for 500ml (but why pay full price when its on ebay at around half price inc postage)

Cleaning will be pH snow foam and a "pure" shampoo rather than my usual Nanolex.

If it's EZ GECKO your looking at trying, don't forget it's a glass cleaner with hydrophobic properties. It's not a dedicated glass sealant so will not give you the best glass protection as say H2GO would have.

I have H2GO on my glass at the moment and use GECKO to clean the glass and top up the existing sealant.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I know.

But looking not just at durability but price point too. Wrong time of the year really for this haha.

I have various stand alone glass sealants already (artdeshine, nanolex, gtech, etc), but this is just to see if (one of the) cheapest glass sealants is worth buying for those who havnt used a glass sealant before.

Using a different sealant (contained within a glass cleaner) might affect the durability of the H2Go.

Hence my use of a shampoo with no gloss agent, no "wax" no polymers etc

• Like 2

I've never been tempted to use a glass sealant. I guess it's the amount of prep coupled with stories I've read on the Internet about streaking, smearing, wearing out the wipers etc for little perceived benefit. However I'm prepared to be persuaded

I know.

But looking not just at durability but price point too. Wrong time of the year really for this haha.

I have various stand alone glass sealants already (artdeshine, nanolex, gtech, etc), but this is just to see if (one of the) cheapest glass sealants is worth buying for those who havnt used a glass sealant before.

Using a different sealant (contained within a glass cleaner) might affect the durability of the H2Go.

Hence my use of a shampoo with no gloss agent, no "wax" no polymers etc

That's what I'm currently testing at the moment to see if it does in turn affect the H2GO.

It's looking rather good at the moment as the H2GO was failing slightly after 5 months but seems to be in fairly decent shape at now. Gecko is a great product. You won't be disappointed.

Will watch this one with interest.

Aquapel is still my go-to product here. I'm a huge fan, use it with all my cars and working durability has been 2yrs+ in my experience.

If anyone is doubting the benefits, I'd urge them to re-think. I now hate driving another vehicle or a rental in wet conditions! It's one of the few (only?) detailing product that also brings safety improvements, through improved visibility.

• Like 2

Aquapel is still my go-to product here. I'm a huge fan, use it with all my cars and working durability has been 2yrs+ in my experience.

If anyone is doubting the benefits, I'd urge them to re-think. I now hate driving another vehicle or a rental in wet conditions! It's one of the few (only?) detailing product that also brings safety improvements, through improved visibility.

I agree, wholeheartedly - having tried Aquapel many many years ago (I think I found it through this forum) and I too can see the benefits. Although Aquapel is no longer my weapon of choice, I still put a similar product on for the same reasons.

That's what I'm currently testing at the moment to see if it does in turn affect the H2GO.

It's looking rather good at the moment as the H2GO was failing slightly after 5 months but seems to be in fairly decent shape at now. Gecko is a great product. You won't be disappointed.

I've used H2Go before, when he first brought it out (via DW many years ago). Even sealants get dirty and need cleaning so I am wondering if the ipa and degreaser within the Ez is cleaning the H2Go and then sitting ontop of it? Or is it just sitting on top and the effect your getting is just the Ez?

Lots of things can make the sealant fail (or at least appear to) using an addative shampoo, strong snow foam, glass cleaner, new and old wipers, lots really.

This is more about letting those who havnt used a sealant before a look at how these two simple glass sealants apply and perform. 

Of course less prep is needed for the Ez one, just spray and buff, the H2Go is prep the glass properly, apply and buff.

Could you expand on the differences btween a treated and untreated vehicle. I thought you still needed the wipers below 30 or 40 mph ?

Could you expand on the differences btween a treated and untreated vehicle. I thought you still needed the wipers below 30 or 40 mph ?

Obviously with a glass sealant type product, it's sitting within the microscopic grooves within the glass surface.

Not needing to use wipers as much (or at all at certain speeds and conditions) is only part of the improvement. What you find are smaller and better defined water droplets on the glass surface. The result of this is improved visibility and less 'haze' in poor conditions.

Some of the info here might be useful, as are the videos: http://www.aquapel.com/What-is-Aquapel.php 

• Like 2

However, if you have a clay bar, try that and follow with a glass polish (AG if you have it, or pop to supermarket and get Bar Keepers Friend).

You will see a difference.

Are you the same Taxboy on Detailing World as well?

However, if you have a clay bar, try that and follow with a glass polish (AG if you have it, or pop to supermarket and get Bar Keepers Friend).

You will see a difference.

Are you the same Taxboy on Detailing World as well?

Yup that's me

As the other said, you'll still see a massive improvement even at low speeds. Basically the water tension on untreated glass allows it to film up and give that blurry 'wet' look all over the screen and making it impossible to see through, as the water clings to the microscopic pits in the glass. With a repellent the water is forced to bead up away from the glass. It's the same difference between paintwork with protection or without - the latter just gets uniformly wet, the former beads and sheets. As such, even at low speeds you'll always be able to see through the glass clearly. The lower speeds simply mean you need to wipe, as there will be beading but not so much sheeting.

For example:

RainRepellent2in1_sidebar1.png

You soon get used to it and take it for granted, but our hire car (Mondeo) was a big shock last week. You couldn't see through the wet windscreen at all, just a blurry haze. First thing I did was clay the glass and give it a spritz of RainX (front and rear) and BSD (sides). Sorted! :D I wouldn't have a car without water repellent now, it's too frustrating. Having a decent repellent adds a huge safety margin when driving in wet conditions, and means you can always see out of the glass even in torrential rain or when parked up for a while. As I alluded, you can save time and cash by using a decent repellent front and back (I only used old RainX for the hire car because it was a hire car), and then using something like C2v3/BSD/whatever on the sides. Due to no wiper action the sides will last ages regardless.

• Like 2

I have H2GO on mine. Prep was clean glass during wash and dry. Then wipe down with IPA. G3 clay mitt. Dry and IPA again. Finally 2 coats of H2GO done 30 minutes apart. One horizontally the other vertically.

There is a clear difference now. The water is totally different need wipers at 35mph and below but no streaks or smeers. 35mph and above water beads off

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7

• Like 2

Do you find that treating the windscreen with this type of product has any effect on the Rain Sensor for the auto wipers i.e. do the auto wipers still work as they should although mine seem to need regular adjustment even on an untreated screen

Richard

I have used Dodo Juice Supernatural Glass sealant and Gtechniq G1, both really good but what i find...if you are not one to wash your car often and dirt/dust/etc get caught under the wipers then regardless the product will strip.  If you do keep your car clean then it will work well in the rain.

I have also used G5, didnt even last a full week for me :(

It's raining!!!

Yipeee (sort of)

So the glass was clayed, glass polish (AG) IPA at 30% (handy I have around 8Litres of 99% IPA anyway), then tape down the center of the front and rear glass. Drivers side with H2Go, passenger with Ez. At the same time both sides done (drivers with H2Go passenger with Ez inc mirrors).

H2Go applied via make up pad, Ez sprayed on and buffed in with new MF.

So in the rain today you can see the difference, the H2Go are rounder and less of them. The Ez flatter and lots of them, but you can tell something is on the glass. With a watering can the H2Go sheets really fast and leaves very little, the Ez sheets slower and leaves the small flat droplets.

Now just to go for a drive and see at what speeds they both move at. Just not today.

At the moment of course H2Go is better, after all its sold as a sealant whereas the Ez is sold as a glass cleaner with a sealant in it.

• Like 2