Suspension Delivery Blocks not removed

I remember you posting about the poor ride quality and I expressed surprise at the time. So a poor PDI was to blame.

There's no excuse for it as the dealer's mechanics merely need to follow a PDI checklist.

Glad to hear it's [finally] resolved and I assume the ride has somewhat improved?

In the circumstances, it would be reasonable to ask the supplying dealer for a copy (or printout if saved electronicaly) of the PDI checklist, to see if it was left unticked, or if one of their mechanics falsely filled it in as completed when they had skipped parts.

If the latter, then you could ask for the inspection to be redone completely as you cannot be sure they skipped other parts which could lead to problems later.

• Like 1

The PDI on mine failed to correctly unset the Travel Mode, so this isn't uncommon. Lack of attention to detail, and poor quality control.

Skoda aren't alone with this. I have had my X6 come back with safety checks ticked when they haven't been done. A quick word with the Service Manager usually sorts it.

I asked for the PDI sheet when I collected my new car, it was quickly supplied although it was clear that not many people ask for it.

Edited by Danny 57

I have been complaining about the ride on my Superb 3 since delivery because although it is fine on normal roads but it hates bumps and potholes.

Having taken it back to my selling dealer for the second time it appears they forgot to remove the front suspension blocks when the PDI was done.

This does not seem to be an uncommon occurrence, particularly on Skodas and VWs.

The Skoda Octavia portion of this forum has a number of cases.

I did look to see if they had been removed on my car but couldn't see anything. It transpires the car has to be jacked up to see them.

I mention all this because if anyone else has suffered from the same problem it is clearly worth investigating.

Hi! My S3, L&K with dcc behaves like you describe. My girlfriends old S2 is alot smoother, both with 18 inch wheels.

Is it possible to see these blocks for a total novice like myself? I really hope this is the case on my car also..

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

Hi! My S3, L&K with dcc behaves like you describe. My girlfriends old S2 is alot smoother, both with 18 inch wheels.

Is it possible to see these blocks for a total novice like myself? I really hope this is the case on my car also..

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

It sounds as though you have exactly the same symptons that I had.

I also had an S2 before which was smoother.

Now that the blocks have been removed the S3 is smoother.

I am told you can see the blocks if you jack the car up but it is probably easier to go to your garage and get them to check.

• Like 1

Would pushing down on the car give some indication ? I.E. "bouncing it as when checking the dampers.

Yes that is how I confirmed mine was wrong. I pushed down on a Superb in the showroom then pushed down on mine and realised there was a considerable difference.

They need to modify the design of the blocks so there is a really obvious yellow or red tag that sticks out. Then you'd literally have to be Stevie Wonder not to see them! 

• Like 1

Guilty of missing a set myself on the first Octavia Sport I ever PDI'd. The red hanger inside the car had been removed when the car was valeted and I wasn't aware they were fitted on the Sport so didn't lift the rubber boot to remove them.

The better ones are the rubber blocks that clip into the springs, they are more obvious.

Everyone is human, we make mistakes.

Everyone is human, we make mistakes.

Very true. I caused all manner of damage to a large air conditioner due to the manufacturer changing the compressor shipping clamps from bright yellow to black - the same colour as the anti vibration mounts. Of course I assumed someone else had taken them off. Nope....... :dull:

I know mistakes can happen but leaving these in place is something that even has the potential to be quite dangerous due to reduced suspension travel etc. I would be having strong words with the dealer and highlighting this to Skoda as well - an accurate PDI is basic customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

So this looks like it still happening 

picked up my new superb the other week, the driving along I hit a minor pot hole and it sounded like the whole tyre and wheel had exploded 

luckily I remembered this post and jacked up the car and low and behold blue delivery blocks, they are easy to remove tbh but you have to jack the car up to see them 

tbf the dealer could not apologise enough and we worked it out. Yes I was annoyed but I respect the effort they made to fix the issue 

Thanks