2011 FABIA VRS TSI PROBLEMS GONE TITS UP!

A short story:

We had a 2011 car last month that the customer had had checked over after purchase (supplied by a local vw dealer, checked over by a well know Skoda dealer who's likes rallying) who dismissed his concerns over his already higher than expected oil usage and proceeded to juice the supplying dealer for the cost of all round discs and pads, 2 tyres, wipers, the remainder of a full service amongst other work to the tune of £1000, I found this on our history check system.

He then visited us off the back of a few posts he'd seen on here with the hope of getting his oil problem solved. His 1 month old plugs were so heavily fouled they were causing misfires and the tip had burned off one cylinder.

Skoda goodwill were being great, really helpful and agreed that providing the engine fails an oil weight test AFTER the appropriate mods were carried out then an engine replacement would get the green light.

We approached the supplying dealer who immediately refused the bill on the grounds the previous cost had rendered any further repairs uneconomical.

The end result? - a car that's going to look like a bargain back on the auction block only to be purchased by another unsuspecting buyer and continue the cycle.

• Like 1

vhx26/vxh28  it is indeed.

But even a fanboy like you must see where Skoda Dealership employees think that 'Goodwill' is being given.

Where as the VW Group had Fundamental design, manufacturing and component choice and quality control issues and an inability to accept and admit publicly.

Playing each owner differently, keeping in the dark and shovelling with sharn. 

ie Mushrooming.

Even the sales people but worse the Trained Technicians often only getting to know the issues as various vehicles were presented with faults.

Often faults easily addressed if they had had the TPI's early enough and the VWG had given advice on Spark Plugs and service regimes earlier.

If cars had been given Software Updates earlier etc.

Not rocket science just yet again VW failings that are bigger than necessary due to how everything works in their HQ, Technical Departments, 

various Countries Importers and the Dealerships.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/401145-vrs-is-going-thanks-for-all-the-help

Like some Skoda UK Secret Service and everything on a need to know basis, and buyers of used cars 

from Skoda Dealerships do not need to know and will not be told, 

quote 'Data Protection', rather than saying, 'You were possibly lied to' or simply 'some misinformation has possibly been given lets try and sort this out', VW & Skoda or Seat or Audi UK and the facctories / engineers know what the issues are .

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/391770-newbie-after-some-helpadvice

Edited by GoneOffSKi

A short story:

We had a 2011 car last month that the customer had had checked over after purchase (supplied by a local vw dealer, checked over by a well know Skoda dealer who's likes rallying) who dismissed his concerns over his already higher than expected oil usage and proceeded to juice the supplying dealer for the cost of all round discs and pads, 2 tyres, wipers, the remainder of a full service amongst other work to the tune of £1000, I found this on our history check system.

He then visited us off the back of a few posts he'd seen on here with the hope of getting his oil problem solved. His 1 month old plugs were so heavily fouled they were causing misfires and the tip had burned off one cylinder.

Skoda goodwill were being great, really helpful and agreed that providing the engine fails an oil weight test AFTER the appropriate mods were carried out then an engine replacement would get the green light.

We approached the supplying dealer who immediately refused the bill on the grounds the previous cost had rendered any further repairs uneconomical.

The end result? - a car that's going to look like a bargain back on the auction block only to be purchased by another unsuspecting buyer and continue the cycle.

This is part of the problem the dealers are taking cars back with known issues, and then just shoving them to auction, or selling them to garages in other parts of the country without fixing the issue. I had my car 3month lost over £1500 in value of the car, found out it used oil, found out it had the consumption tests done, oil jets, breather mod and  ecu update done but still used oil

The previous owner traded the car into the garage that did the work on the car (presumably as he was told like I was only option after all the mods are new engine and as good will for the work done no more good will would be applied to the car). I'm not sure what the dealer did with the car auction/sold on direct to dealer, but the garage that did the work and took the car back in part ex was in Hull, and I brought the car from a garage in Carlisle, so they are sadly just passing the issues on to unsuspecting new users. Sadly I had to do the same, the car got traded in, and I truly feel sorry for the next owner as SUK don't want to know. I've just passed my problem onto someone else, and I really don't feel good about it, but that's what the last owner did and sadly I had no other option

Edited by scoobysn7x

SUK's attitude is outrageous - they know these cars are out there but it looks like they've got away with it by acting dumb - sadly, because the number of cars involved is tiny (in relation to Skoda's overall sales) the issue hasn't attracted the attention it deserves.

I wouldn't feel guilty about it as you traded yours in - not as if you sold it privately - people trade in dodgy motors all the time, and not just twinchargers. Hopefully the next buyer will notice the issues quick enough to reject the car.

Edited by Brian69

TO be honest SUK fobbed me off for a month before providing information on what was done to the car, they hid behind data protection (even though it didn't apply) then just passed me back and forth to the garage. If they had actually been forthcoming and honest with the information from the start I would have been able to hand the car back, but as they took over 5 weeks to get me the information the supplying dealer wasn't interested, that is what annoys me more than anything else