Up GTI .... will there be a Citigo version ever?

vrskeith

If the Front Discs are good and not prone to issues that some  UpMiiCitigo have had then great.

If the Rear Drums are not going to be having cosmetic rusting / corrosion now as turned out from the factory then that is also good.

Maybe in Monaco there never was any corrosion issues as in some other more temperate climates.

Likely for the same reason as they want to pay the same money as you can get a Polo GTI for that is already registered.

Because they can, and that is what they want.

You can buy a VW Up! 90 PS which is brand new for under £11,500.

So more like £4-5,000 more.

Edited by AwaoffSki

7 minutes ago, Miller73 said:

Not sure why anyone would pay an extra £2000 over the 90PS UP version just to get to 0-60 one second quicker.

Because of the branding GTI. GTI ‘makes’ it sound better and faster but in reality it isn’t, especially in the UP!s’ case. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jonny118118 said:

Because of the branding GTI. GTI ‘makes’ it sound better and faster but in reality it isn’t, especially in the UP!s’ case. 

New Car Deals

Helping you find the best deals on new cars direct from UK main dealers

Ready To Buy In The Next 7 Days? - Request Dealer Phonecall!

Volkswagen UP 1.0 115PS Up GTI 5dr Petrol Hatchback £14,151
Chosen Colour Not Selected
Clark cloth - Black/grey with red check FREE
Total Manufacturer List Price [on the road] £14,151
Our Discount Price [on the road] £13,148
Saving £1,003

Would you like our Approved main dealers to call you back in the next 24 hours regarding this car?

21 hours ago, vrskeith said:
New Car Deals

Helping you find the best deals on new cars direct from UK main dealers

Saving £1,003

Would you like our Approved main dealers to call you back in the next 24 hours regarding this car?

Note ! THE TIME PERIOD MENTIONED BELOW

Saving £1,003

If you would like them to call you to discuss a deal just enter your details below. (requests for quotes via email not possible unfortunately.) Discount prices held for orders in the next 7 days only.

Edited by vrskeith

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 19:38, Brian69 said:

One of these would have suited me nicely but Polo'd up now.

Assume there isn't even room for a space-saver?

Think there would be room under variable boot floor. Unfortunately currently space saver spare and jack kit not shown as a factory / dealeer option.

I would want one.

Just been informed factory lead-time to dealer is currently expected to be 4months,from placement of order.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but worth a discussion. Went into local Seat dealer to look at new Arona and noticed a Mii FR (Seat version of Citgo) in the showroom.

Salesman said the range has been cut to 3 models with fewer options and colours.  He seemed to be suggesting that the Mii has a limited life. I wonder if that will carry over to the Citigo?

Was impressed with the Arona as a possible replacement for my Yeti.

Fred

The Mii was not selling many anyway, neither does the Citigo in the UK.

If there are going to be all these Up! GTI orders and builds, then maybe the production line time will be used easily.

Maybe the attention the Up! GTI is getting will have more looking at the Up!MiiCitigo's as well and buying.

• Like 1

Only 2 trims for the Mii,FR and Design 5 door only and hardly any options to pick from.The Mii is lingering on by its finger tips.Must admit if I was in the market for a SUV the Arona 1.0 TSI would top of My list.

A VW dealership that offers the Carwow discount facility , offered me £1059 off for cash on a high spec car or £ 1559 PCP.

He said that he is selling 3- 4 cars currently per day so lead time on delivery going up.

Edited by vrskeith

3 minutes ago, evan15281 said:

My Up GTI order is a 16 week lead time, which actually suits me as that will be bang on my VT point for my 4x4 vRS.

Well done evan15281, what spec have you gone for?

Red, Black Roof, Beats sound system, Cruise and park pack.

5 door so it's not a total pain for occasional children carrying, though it's mainly for me. We've got an Alhambra for family duties.

It was actually having the 60 PS Citigo as a courtesy car that made me realise just how anodyne some modern cars have become and lacking in chuckabiity. 

Wanted to get rid of vRS Octavia diesel as my mileage has dropped from 22k to 5 k a year with new job, so don't need and want to avoid any future DPF issues. Shame, if my Skoda was petrol 4wd, it would be perfect. Well specced but circumstances have changed.

• Like 2