Evap Purge Valves N80 Fail

my scanner reads that : '' 17833 - evap purge valve (n80) short to ground'' I removed and tested valve it function opens and closes ....... Checked cables circuit looks fine .... any Idea what that might be?? ....... any help appreciated

If you can find out where the other ends of the wires go such as the pin on the ECU you can measure each core to the solenoid end for continuity and to earth with a multimeter

• Like 1

am afraid to touch ECU.

wot if I disconnect ECU and put on neutral end 6volts and try to find other cable that connects to it ? 

hard to find somebody that knows what he's doing .... skoda garage ask me 75 + 2 hours . Euros~ 250 -300

I guess valve ground short because it touches somewhere positive cable  so it is not zero it 2,3 volts and not closing and openning  valve .

You could always try just unplugging the connectors from the ECU and putting them back on again. Could just be a bad connection and the error code is throwing us off.

• Like 1

hi

I disconnected battery and did continuity test with my multimeter positive cable from EVAP purge valve and fuse box in boot .

Am not sure if it bad or not ,five fuses reacted on test made sound on contact 

is that supposed to happen or cables are twisted somewhere  and that is problem of my EVAP PURGE VALVE ??post-144553-0-25057600-1465322067_thumb.png 

I think all five of those fuses are probably powered from the same point (fuel pump relay switched contact, at a guess). So if the fuses are all intact/OK, your purge valve 12V connection will appear to be connected to all five (via their common connection to the relay), so no fault there in my opinion.

I'm not sure what you're asking with that last post?

Can you measure the resistance of the purge valve you have? Have you tried another? I seem to remember it should be something like 25 Ohms. Maybe yours appears to work OK when you test it, but the resistance is much lower due to shorted turns within the solenoid, and the engine ECU is unhappy about this?

I have only two errors ---'' 17833 - evap purge valve (n80) short to ground'' 

"00022 - motor for warm-Air Flap; Center Console Right Rear (v201)"

​is that possible ? to do not affect other devices 

Yes, it's possible. The 26 Ohms of the purge valve will prevent the fuse blowing even if the ECU wire is shorting, I think.

Warm air flap fault will be completely unrelated to this one.

hi

I did continuity test on ECU connector , big one worked as shows with red arrows 

but on shorter connector I can't find any contact to ground .

I don't know  what to do next ...post-144553-0-03675100-1465395685_thumb.png