New suspension for my octy

Hi all,

I'm looking for some new suspension for my Octavia, to make it abit quicker in the corners (and I can't lie, I like my cars a little lower). I'm going for a non coilover setup. So far these are the contenders for my money:

H&R

ST suspension

AR

Koni suspension

Does anyone have any experience with these companies at all, I've heard good things about H&R but I haven't heard of any of the others. Does anyone know if they're any good to use? Thanks in advance

FYI I have a 2010 octy 1z3 1.8 TSI CDAB

@tubbytommy im well aware of that, but the Octavia is the fastest car I could insure for under 2.5k. I'm just looking to make it a little better.

@wiilydog I hadn't looked on eBay for the B12 kit, but on their shop it was stretching out of my price range. The H&R were at the top of my budget really. I'll definitely take a look though thanks

I fitted a H&R -50 cup kit to my 54 2.0 TDI, and it has made a world of difference to the handling. impressed with quality of ride too; obviously a little firmer but still more than happy with it as the family car! 

• Like 1

@tubbytommy I am well aware of that thank you

@black Vrs Oct, I know he really is here to brighten up our day. I'm going to do bushes at the same time, make a day of it

It's an octavia it's an old man's car or a taxi.

If you want something that handles well you bought the wrong car.

Handling is relative.  They are better than a Wolseley 24/80, worse than a Porsche.  There's nothing wrong with trying to make the car you can afford a bit better than OEM.

To the OP - get the B12 kit

• Like 1

Handling is relative. They are better than a Wolseley 24/80, worse than a Porsche. There's nothing wrong with trying to make the car you can afford a bit better than OEM.

To the OP - get the B12 kit

Cheers, I'm leaning that way, gotta wait till pay day now

It's an octavia it's an old man's car or a taxi.

If you want something that handles well you bought the wrong car.

But then the mk2 VRS is based heavily of the Golf GTI frame - is that a slow, boring car too?

Personally I'd go for either the H&R or ST kit, I'd say the H&R is more handling orientated so a little firmer where as the ST kit does give a more comfortable ride.

Damian @ DPM Performance

Cheers for that, I'm after a good ride still so I'll look at the st kit abit more in depth, also a cheaper