Motorpoint?

Hi guys and gals. Has anyone had any experience with motor point. I'm sure I read somewhere they import the cars? Could this be problematic regarding warranty work? They have a few of these with same spec just different colours on their website.

https://www.motorpoint.co.uk/vehicleadvert/skoda/octavia%20hatchback/619654

What do we think?

Cheers.

G.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

Think the brand new vRS's they've got are imports, but it should say when you click on the individual car details on their website.

So likely to have 2 year rather than 3 year warranty and may be some spec. discrepancies. Also, not sure how helpful U.K. dealers will be if you have any warranty issues ? - but guess that's down to your individual dealer.

I bought a used Astra then Insignia off them a few years ago, most of their used cars are ex fleet/hire/demos. The Newport dealer was pretty friendly and let you look around/try cars without pressurising you.

• Like 1

Think the brand new vRS's they've got are imports, but it should say when you click on the individual car details on their website.

So likely to have 2 year rather than 3 year warranty and may be some spec. discrepancies. Also, not sure how helpful U.K. dealers will be if you have any warranty issues ? - but guess that's down to your individual dealer.

I bought a used Astra then Insignia off them a few years ago, most of their used cars are ex fleet/hire/demos. The Newport dealer was pretty friendly and let you look around/try cars without pressurising you.

Okay mate appreciate that. I'll give them a bell and see what they say. I'm thinking it might be worth just buying a UK (non Cypriot import) which may have miles on just so I get the 3 years warranty.

I'll keep an eye out for a newish one with few miles on.

Thanks

G.

I had a look at a vrs in Peterborough.

Brand new but it was an import so had a slightly different spec.

It was a few k cheaper and they claimed the warranty was valid

Nice one mate. Nice to have heard you've see one in the metal. The differing spec from UK models does put me off somewhat. I might jist wait it out until something grabs my attention.

G.

Nice one mate. Nice to have heard you've see one in the metal. The differing spec from UK models does put me off somewhat. I might jist wait it out until something grabs my attention.

G.

I forget what was missing now but they seemed genuine enough and didn't hide the fact it was an import.

• Like 1

I forget what was missing now but they seemed genuine enough and didn't hide the fact it was an import.

Yeah i get you. I've just found another thread on where someone else has noticed these at motorpoint. Seems the leather seats arnt heated which is minor to some but to me it's part and parcel of the leather package. Might just be me being picky. But you know what you want when forking out some dosh for a car. Criteria I guess. Again thanks for the input sir.

G.

Motor point are usualy all ex hire and ex lease cars, basicaly its up to your imagination to how the car has been used. There sales staff are very pushy and usualy follow you round the lot desperate to sell somthing, and if you give them your details they ring you all the time.

They are cheep and thats for a reason, one thing im not sure of is how it affects the warranty, if somthing goes wrong.

By "New" Motorpoint mean pre-registered but unused. You will be listed as the second owner of the vehicle, but the car will be completely new.

I purchased my wife's Megane from them, saved a fortune on UK Dealer prices, and would have no qualms using Motorpoint again. Renault UK were happy to undertake warranty work on the Megane, and overall provided a much better service than Skoda UK have with my UK Dealer purchased Octavia. Buying a car from a UK Dealer does not guarantee  you any better service.

The one on your link doesn't look like the imported ones they had a while back. Those had diff alloys, no alarm, sat nav or DAB. These look more like UK spec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah i get you. I've just found another thread on where someone else has noticed these at motorpoint. Seems the leather seats arnt heated which is minor to some but to me it's part and parcel of the leather package. Might just be me being picky. But you know what you want when forking out some dosh for a car. Criteria I guess. Again thanks for the input sir.

G.

The pictures on that link show that the car has heated seats, it's also mentioned in the fitted extras.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys. That's some food for thought. I think I'll give them a call and ask them for definite spec and how the warranty works etc to get a better picture. To me they seem a steal at that price as some used ones are popping up at that price on auto trader.

Cheers.

G.

As per my first message. The guy said they were destined for germany. The price is now 19999. With my px they have come up with the sum of 16300. That's with a third year warranty as these only come with two he said. Been to see one in the flesh both look very nice. In rallye green and the black.

What would you guys do if you were in my position. Worth a punt or stay away? What you reckon the insurance would say? As it's an import?

Thanks guys.

G.