Modern Middleweight bikes

Aspman

I've found that 3rd party is often more expensive. I think it is down to fact that not many companies provide those policies now so competition is much less.

Ran the same against a XJR1300 it was about £50 lower. Ok the excess was about 30% the cost of the bike but still....

Got some stuff to do in Dundee today so I might mosey past a couple of showrooms.

I'd honestly expected it to be 600-700.

Edited by Aspman

Take your helmet and driving license.

I'll have the boy with me so I won't be testing anything even if they'd let me.

Just checked insurance for interest.

Ran against a BMW1300R, grp 17.

This will be a laugh, I thought, 0 NCB, not been on a bike for 10yr and I'm quoting a 175bhp BMW.

£178 fully comp. :o

I was more than that for the 400 3rd party.

Yeah (: its a big fast sensible sports tourer.

Something like a gsxr 1k or bmw's s1000rr would be more id think!

The K is a nice bike though. Silky smooth. Madrunner used to have one, so he'll tell you all you need to know if you're interested, im sure (:

Yeah (: its a big fast sensible sports tourer.

Something like a gsxr 1k or bmw's s1000rr would be more id think!

The K is a nice bike though. Silky smooth. Madrunner used to have one, so he'll tell you all you need to know if you're interested, im sure (:

175hp street bike probably not the way to go. Not looking to grind pegs and pop wheelies, something a bit ore toury really. I was just checking hte local BMW for 800s and saw the 1300 for abut 5k with low miles. If it had the electronic gizmos it might even be an option since it would probably stop you doing anything too silly with the throttle. they do a low seat too, so even I could get me stumps on the floor.

• Like 1

175hp street bike probably not the way to go. Not looking to grind pegs and pop wheelies, something a bit ore toury really. I was just checking hte local BMW for 800s and saw the 1300 for abut 5k with low miles. If it had the electronic gizmos it might even be an option since it would probably stop you doing anything too silly with the throttle. they do a low seat too, so even I could get me stumps on the floor.

They are very nice.

My mates got one. Hes 58 now n had alsorts, busa's n the lot.

He loves the K13. Says its turbine smooth, really quick yet comfortable and easy to ride. Its got ESA and all the TC gismos and what not which hes never had before, but says they work really well.

You've really no idea what you from middleweight all rounders to big muscle bikes and now big tourers. What you do have is an itch to get back on two wheels again in some form.

Having had a big tourer before they don't get the same use as they are an effort to get out, harder work to manoeuvre around town and then they're a bit of a bus to ride anyway.

If it's fun you're looking at go back to your original idea of a middleweight.

• Like 2

You've really no idea what you from middleweight all rounders to big muscle bikes and now big tourers. What you do have is an itch to get back on two wheels again in some form.

Having had a big tourer before they don't get the same use as they are an effort to get out, harder work to manoeuvre around town and then they're a bit of a bus to ride anyway.

If it's fun you're looking at go back to your original idea of a middleweight.

Sound advice which id agree with!

I think how much effort a k13 is depends how big you are and how used to moving bikes you are. Its mainly technique isnt it. My mate whos got one is a big guy, prob 6 foot 2 so he feels uncomfortable on small stuff. Horses for courses i guess isnt it

I'm not arguing, it is just an itch to scratch. I'd probably be quite happy on a 15yr old £1k bandit 600.

Never really got over not having a bike.

• Like 1

I'm not arguing, it is just an itch to scratch. I'd probably be quite happy on a 15yr old £1k bandit 600.

Never really got over not having a bike.

Don't think anyone meant for an argument. Sorry if my comment came across wrong? 

Thats the problem with typing rather than talking isnt it. Sometimes reads different than you meant it in your head :D

Just test ride what you can i guess, you'll soon get a feel for what you fancy. The K13 is a world apart from an SV or the middleweight stuff :). In a good way or a bad way, would depend on what you want from it i guess :)

• Like 1

Don't think anyone meant for an argument. Sorry if my comment came across wrong? 

Thats the problem with typing rather than talking isnt it. Sometimes reads different than you meant it in your head :D

Just test ride what you can i guess, you'll soon get a feel for what you fancy. The K13 is a world apart from an SV or the middleweight stuff :). In a good way or a bad way, would depend on what you want from it i guess :)

No worries, didn't take offense. But yeah I'd probably **** myself.

No worries, didn't take offense. But yeah I'd probably **** myself.

Depends what you're after though. 

I quite like ****ting myself from time to time (not in the literal sense :D :D) but its partially why i like riding. The T snatched the front wheel up abit sooner than i thought this morning whilst pulling out to overtake a bus (i just nudged the edge of a cats eye whilst accelerating quite hard) and i crapped myself a little. But i get a buzz from that :D :D. 

The K is quite fast but sensible from what i've heard. It stays planted.. it just goes. As you'd expect from 175bhp. 

Edited by fabiamk2SE

The threat of imminent death was/is always part of the appeal of biking. It's where the buzz comes from.

All I know is I don't want something super focused,enough power to be a little exciting, comfy enough to do a day on, and reliable enough I'm not worrying about a phone signal all the time just in case.

I want a naked because otherwise my inner arse will kick in and I'll go too fast. Plus I genuinely like the look of them.

• Like 1

The threat of imminent death was/is always part of the appeal of biking. It's where the buzz comes from.

All I know is I don't want something super focused,enough power to be a little exciting, comfy enough to do a day on, and reliable enough I'm not worrying about a phone signal all the time just in case.

I want a naked because otherwise my inner arse will kick in and I'll go too fast. Plus I genuinely like the look of them.

Completely agree! 

Anything 100bhp and above is fast enough imo. It seems faster on a naked bike too because you get the wind and you have to properly hold on, plus they're comfier imo, more relaxed seating. 

I don't think having a naked has slowed me down at all tbh. Yes the VFR i had before would cruise better at around 100mph just because of the fairing (and the T's got a tiny factory screen) but i still find myself putting up with the wind at 90odd on the motorway. I thought it'd keep me closer to 70 on longer motorway runs, but it doesn't, i still get fed up n decide to put up with the wind instead. I think because theres not much else to do on a bike (no radio or anything) i feel like i should be making abit of progress atleast. Nevermind :D

No arguing from either, wasn't the way I intended it to come across. Get some test rides under your belt, think about where and when you'll be riding and the right bike for you will become apparent.

• Like 1

I've just bought a F6 last of the old shape hornet

CB_600_F5_Hornet_(PC36)_05-06_2.jpg

Same colour as this aswell with its detuned bomb proof CBR600 engine

Looked and sat on some bandits, SV's and ER's but went for this as it felt most comfortable

Edited by Volvomeg
  • Like 2

BMW R1200R then....but they're not cheap

• Like 1

BMW R1200R then....but they're not cheap

Some older ones aren't too badly priced.

I've just bought a F6 last of the old shape hornet

CB_600_F5_Hornet_(PC36)_05-06_2.jpg

Same colour as this aswell with its detuned bomb proof CBR600 engine

Looked and sat on some bandits, SV's and ER's but went for this as it felt most comfortable

do they not have really a terrible tank range?

What do you call terrible? :D :D.

<100mi

Might have been an earlier model but they not down at something ridiculous like 80 miles between fills?

Tiny tank rather than bad mpg.