Vrs Smic / fmic iat's vs boost?

Did some logging Today on my stock vrs-02 since i have à boost leak due to a broken intercooler.

I logged iat and boost but have a few questions.

My boost is about 19psi at wot is that normal?

Also what is your iat's ?

Mine is 30 degression celcius at cruise and after a 0-160 km/h pass at wot It was 84degrees celcius. Is that normal?

Think the cruise is ok since it is 26c outside today but 84c isnt that quite high??

What do u guys have?

Also you who have fmic /upgraded smics?

Thanks and sorry about the bad english

/swedish fabia vrs owner

Did some logging Today on my stock vrs-02 since i have à boost leak due to a broken intercooler.

I logged iat and boost but have a few questions.

My boost is about 19psi at wot is that normal?

Also what is your iat's ?

Mine is 30 degression celcius at cruise and after a 0-160 km/h pass at wot It was 84degrees celcius. Is that normal?

Think the cruise is ok since it is 26c outside today but 84c isnt that quite high??

What do u guys have?

Also you who have fmic /upgraded smics?

Thanks and sorry about the bad english

/swedish fabia vrs owner

I believe i am the only one on here who has done the upgraded smic due to my standard imtercooler being damaged... I remember when doing logs on standard imtercooler it was around 86° or so. When doing logs on the dyno on a 22° day it was around 54° so better than standard but nothing on a fmic!

Hi jamie! Nice to hear somebody has a upgraded smic, planning on doing that myself due to regulations in Sweden.

What intercooler did you use?

Read about 1.8t smics in another tread but dosent seem like anybody tried it?

Hi jamie! Nice to hear somebody has a upgraded smic, planning on doing that myself due to regulations in Sweden.

If you have a look at this thread, go to the last couple of pages and you'll see exactly what I used :)

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/247147-uprated-smic-another-ic-option/page-5

Petrol turbo intercoolers are not usually better because petrol turbos spend much less time on boost than diesel turbos.

Great info from everybody!

Jamie do you have a list on the pipe/silicone parts?

Couldent really tell by the picture?

I already ordered the intercooler before i made this thread and knew it was going To be tricky.

Thanks for all help:)

Great info from everybody!

Jamie do you have a list on the pipe/silicone parts?

Couldent really tell by the picture?

I already ordered the intercooler before i made this thread and knew it was going To be tricky.

Thanks for all help:)

If you have egr delete as I do it would be a 90° silicone bend, top aluminium boost pipe is a 70° bend into a 45° silicone bend into the top of the smic.

From the turbo is a 90° silicone bend, into a 90° Aluminium boost pipe with a 30° bend on the end which goes into a straight silicone reducer into the bottom of the smic.

I had the aluminium boost pipes made up from a local exhaust place, also had the ends beaded :)

This isn't a straight forward fit, I had to cut away some of the chassis underneath the headlight.

Mine is aparantly good for 220bhp... But I don't think it is, depending on what sort of power you are wanting I suppose...

Thaugt kind of the same route with piping.

But thinking of modifying the standard lower pipe and going new upper boost pipe thanks for all the help.

But what pipe did u use? 63 dia? 57?

Thaugt kind of the same route with piping.

But thinking of modifying the standard lower pipe and going new upper boost pipe thanks for all the help.

But what pipe did u use? 63 dia? 57?

Ah ok I'm sure that would work yeah, I just wanted to eliminate all the clips on the pipe work so full hard pipe kit for me! The intercooler is 63mm inlet and outlet and have used 51mm pipes so reducers were needed

I did have the kkk, then went to a Garrett pd150 then that broke so have a Garrett pd130, all using the same outlet coupling :)

Guys you are so helpfull! Cat get my car on a lift or jackstands in like a couple of days since i dont have my own equipment. Really looking forward to do som mods on my car havent had the time in ages....

So 45mm over the turbo outlet should be about right then?

Thanks again for all of your help!

Will be posting how it went when i get to it:)