What wax?

In my humble opinion and I have also fallen into this trap .

If your happy with the tub of wax you have just sit tight until it's finished or else you will end up like me with a fridge in the garage with numerous different waxes and always wanting more

But that being said I keep going back to Collinite 476 .

Sorry not much help

Happy waxing

why keep it in a fridge? Got mine in a drawer in the spare room but have a fridge in the garage for beer...

Presumably the garage gets very hot and keeping these products (particularly solvent-based ones) at high temperatures does them no good at all. (And I also use Collinite...the "liquid" one ...No 845).

Currently using autoglym hd wax could anyone recommend another alternative?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

There is tons of waxes to choose from, if your in the market for a new wax, main question is! whats your budget? 

• Like 1

why keep it in a fridge? Got mine in a drawer in the spare room but have a fridge in the garage for beer...

I'm sure that was a tip I picked up on one of the many detailing sites I trawled through .

And garage does get warm

Really depends what your after from a wax & what your willing to spend?

Are you looking for ultimate gloss, protection, ease of use.. the list is endless with waxes really.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Tbh I have used VERY dear waxes and some cheap ones over the years

Seems to be a very personnal choice :-/

I LOVE the AG range the HD wax had never let me down however I used to use zymol waxes and they were very good also

Really Upto you mate :)

I know everyone always wants to try new waxes but I wonder if there is a bit of a placebo effect. I would imaging if you did your bonnet half and half with HD plus a n other wax you may well be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Still if you want to try there are a number of companies with sample pots or shock horror you could go back to some tried and trusted names eg Collinite or try something like some spray waxes such as Waxaadict Foshow.

I guess it depends what you want from the product

Edited by Taxboy

Really depends what your after from a wax & what your willing to spend?

Are you looking for ultimate gloss, protection, ease of use.. the list is endless with waxes really.

Cant disagree with the replies so far..... some good advice generally.

The key things are budget, and what is your current wax not offering that you would like from your next wax?

I have been a big advocate of Auto Perfection waxes.

I would happily cut my collection down to AP Intensify and Evolve.

Awesome products that punch well above there weight and delivered by a superb UK start up company.  :thumbup:

Also i would recommend their handi-puck wax applicator system too...

Link below - plus there are some discount codes to get between 10-15% off. (DDD15 for example)

http://www.autoperfectioncarcare.co.uk/

• Like 3

Well the autoglym one retails about £45

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Ideally at that price point my options would be either Auto Perfection Intensify or Definitive Wax Cora.

Both around the £40-50 mark, both easy to use & leave a great finish.

As others have said it's down to personal preference & what you want from a wax.

• Like 2

Awesome advice by all above.

It comes down to characteristics for me. Do you want durability, looks, beading, price, ease of use. There are a lot of variables!

The samples are great, and something I've really enjoyed playing with. And you'll get 4 or 5 layers on a car from them at least!

Keep us posted on how you get on!

• Like 4

I use p21s which is also known as R222 and S100.  S100 is the cheapest version but I had to buy it from the states but it was still £12 cheaper than R222.  super easy to use, you don't have to let it dry and it doesn't mark plastics.  Downside is it doesn't last too long but its so quick and easy to use.

gallery_144028_2042_248745.jpg

gallery_144028_2042_370038.jpg

• Like 3

forgot to say it cost me £16.84 posted although its gone up slightly but still cheap. R222 is about £28-30

https://www.amazon.co.uk/S100-Paste-Wax-6-2oz-13700W/dp/B000GZQP08

Absolute bargain - great results and a personal favourite of mine!

Thanks for sharing the link on the S100.

Highly recommended for the guys if anyone is looking for an awesome wax at rock bottom prices! :thumbup:

• Like 2