Columbus - no audio - advice requested

Hi,

I have no audio on my Columbus for music / Bluetooth / phone. The display is ok and the parking sensors still make a noise. The unit has not been updated or changed - just of the blue the other morning it was mute....

I have checked all the volume settings, re-started it using the arrows/microphone keys and removed it to check the connections - so far no joy.

I am wondering what to do next with it ?

My initial thoughts are -

Anything else obvious I should do ? (restore factory settings ? would lose my updates .....)

Can anyone recommend someone in the Manchester area to fix it ? (if they're mobile even better)

Am I likely to get any joy out of a main dealer if it's major ? (it's out of warranty - nearly 5 yrs old)

Any non franchise places with reasonable prices ?

Is there a decent after market alternative that's as good or better if it needs replacing ?

Anyone on here a whizz with them ?

Any suggestions appreciated - Thanks

(Any suggestions which avoid me getting rinsed for a load of cash even more appreciated :$$$:  :thumbup: )

Mickey.

Edited by mickeycomms@hot

I think if you hold the power button in for 15 seconds or until the screen comes on (rebooted), the headunit will do a reboot, I think.

Edited by BATVANVRS

It's worth going through all the settings. Even 'Factory Reset' can be selected by function, you don't have to do 'All'. Even if you do 'All' you won't lose maps or firmware, just your POI's that you've saved and sadly there's no way to save and restore them. As you know there are 3 or 4 different volume levels for music/radio, Traffic Announcements, Nav Announcements and Reverse Bleeper, all of which can be individually adjusted while they are actually playing.

Same thing for me, currently in the garage being checked. I been told it's a known issue with some units, and mine needs to be replaced next week under warranty, once approved by SUK.