Chuffin' Dishwashers packed in..................

Auric Goldfinger

No, no, no, not Mrs Goldfinger, ( Mrs G's Manual ) the Eletrical one................Emptied the dishwasher tonight and noticed there was still water in the bottom. Removed the filtres from the inside thinking perhaps there was a blockage, all seems fine and removed the water with a cup and bucket but it won't turn on. I've fitted a new fuse in the plug and still no joy ( fitted 3 fuses incase they were faulty, 13 amp )  still no joy.

Are there any internal fuses, reset buttons anywhere. If the water outlet pipe is blocked would the dishwasher Turn its self off to avoid flooding or over heating

Any other suggestions. The dishwasher is a NEFF  ( not sure on Model number )

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

If it's an integrated one have you checked the fuse in the spur?

Think so John, the integrated Fridge, freezer and washing thingy are all working. I assume there all on the same circuit 

Wanders off to check............................

There may be a float switch that senses the water level inside, which isn't registering the real situation due to the pipe going to it being gunged up. That's what happened with ours. Cleaned out and normal service was restored.

As per above, pulled it out, pulled pipes off, pulled filter out, removed gunge etc, cleaned put with boiling water; it has been mended mine three times (see user name!) until pump finally went after 8 years on a £160 cheapie.

Then bought a Miele with a 10 yr parts and labour warranty....

There may be a float switch that senses the water level inside, which isn't registering the real situation due to the pipe going to it being gunged up. That's what happened with ours. Cleaned out and normal service was restored.

Any clues to where this float switch is Mr Wino. Mrs G's thinking of me  buy a new dishwasher and I'm a tight Yorkshire man

Any clues to where this float switch is Mr Wino. Mrs G's thinking of me  buy a new dishwasher and I'm a tight Yorkshire man

You'll probably need to remove its outer 'skin' to get to it. Ours was on the side, but it's a little (Kenwood?) counter-top thing so may not be typical in terms of layout. Took a bit of time, but a very satisfying free repair. :)

Its usually at the very bottom in a tray with some sort of float mechanism on it to actuate a switch which cuts the power.

The dishwasher that came with my current house had a leak which i fixed along with a few other issues which i fixed but still wouldn't work. After smashing the thing to pieces I found the cut out switch in the bottom but by then it was way too late. It was old and crap anyway so I didn't need much convincing to go and buy a nice Bosch one

Good chance the wiring loom at the bottom of the door has a break in it.

Open the door and look for screws around the inside edge.

Usually 3 down each side.

unplug the machine, remove the screws and the front panel should come away.

Wiring loom should be visible.

Look for brown or black marks on the wiring...there's yer problem!

Cut and splice new wirng in and hope!!

FWIW the finish dishwasher cleaner or the fairy platinum cleaning tablets every so often does make a difference.

That plus nobody runs a hot cycle again, so once a month, put all the really dirty oven bits/hob bits in there and give it a run on the 75/80/90 degrees programme.

With the 40/50 degrees ones, the heat has gone by the time the greasy water is in the pipe, so the grease cools and stays there.

The cleaner on a hot cycle obviously helps by trapping it away, but also a hot cycle helps, because it stays warm until it's further away from the dishwahser.

Right I've been looking on the net and found a bargain dishwasher,

She's 18 and arriving tomorrow, God knows how I'm going to tell Mrs G

New dishwashers arrived

post-3385-0-65855700-1467722588_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Had the same water retention problem with my son's Bosch dishwasher the solution was to remove it and give it a really good violent shake, fixed it and has been working fine for the last 18 months. I bet I have jinked it now!

Anyway, worth a go, as it didn't cost owt!!