Retain or Replace Yeti

survey

I had the same dilemma and opted for another new Yeti. I got a good PX on my current car and a good dealer discount and figured that in two years time there would be still a years warranty on the new car and whilst the depreciation would be higher it would still be an attractive buy or PX. I have bought three cars now forom the same dealership and would probably get a reasonably good overall buy on a Yeti II in 2018.

The new car will not cost me things like tyres and general maintenance so this has to be factored into the calculation.

Whatever you decide I hope it works for you.

• Like 1

Interesting comments, my "Snowman"  Auto, is 3 years old mileage 50K , and everyday I start it up, it sings to me, because like all diesels needs to Warm Up.

Previous vehicles  1982 Toyota HiLux 2.2 4WD Manual.  380,000 Miles. Services and Suspension Upgrade only.

1989 Land Rover  4WD Diesel Manual 425,000 KM  (Except for Tree cracking and Branch falling across the Bonnet.) No Probs

2013 "Snowman" 2.0L Auto4x4, Family insist that, when I go (65 Years) they will fight over "Snowman"

1 of 2 daughters just Phoned she and her Partner have just bought a Skoda, Told her she cannot call it a snowman (Interesting what comes up)

(Head replacement),

Edited by Gobmax

Agree with Sanqhar the only way is to run the car until it is beyond eco repair costs. I did that with my wifes Subaru 15 years old when it went for scrap due to rear wheel bearings, long story due to their cost and seized nuts and bolts on the suspension, but it ran like a swiss watch and returned a constant 30mpg and never needed a new exhaust system or cat and we bought it as' used' did'nt let us down ever.

We typically run three cars as a Family,

For the best part of 20 years they were all diesel.

Now they are all petrol. DPF issues, reliability, increased purchase cost, complexity and adblue, future taxation and resale value worries have all been factors in our decision to change over.

But also the added refinement and smoothness of the TSi units are something we prefer.

Lee

After much thought and the inability to test drive a 1.4tsi at any of many dealers (none in stock, and told they have hardly sold any at all), have decided for the time being to put new tyres on our SE diesel and keep it until a deal is available on a new Yeti.  Hardly any diesels in stock with Skoda UK dealers that match our spec. Maybe a petrol if i can test drive one or probably going for an SEL with satnav and a spare wheel.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

Edited by survey
  • Like 1

After much thought and the inability to test drive a 1.4tsi at any of many dealers (none in stock, and told they have hardly sold any at all), have decided for the time being to put new tyres on our SE diesel and keep it until a deal is available on a new Yeti.  Hardly any diesels in stock with Skoda UK dealers that match our spec. Maybe a petrol if i can test drive one or probably going for an SEL with satnav and a spare wheel.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread.

Chicken or egg?  

No sales = no stock

OR 

No stock = no sales 

:think:

• Like 1