Red Yeti

Expatman

Anyone any experience with a red Yeti? I had a red car many years ago and the paint faded quite quickly and the fading was very noticeable on different substrates - metal or plastic bumpers etc.

I quite fancy a red Yeti but not if it is going to fade in the sun!

skoda put a clear coat over the red, so it don't fade or pink, we had a mkI fabia vrs in red and at 10 year old it was still as good as new, no fading at all

My new Monte Carlo on order is Red and I love it. I had been in the motor business for over 40 years until I retired and know your concern about red, but with modern twin pack paints you needn't worry.

I remember the first Skoda I'd seen, it was in the Forest of Dean

and it was almost polished paintless but had probably been red

at some stage. The Lioness wanted a Red Yeti, the one at the

dealers was too old for me but there was nothing wrong with the

deep red paintwork.

Thanks guys, that's put my mind to rest. Next question is when to change my 2012 Yeti, think I will hold off to see if  Skoda introduce the 1.0 engine and any other add-ons to keep interest in the existing Yeti for  the two years before it is replaced. 2 years is a long time for Skoda to keep customers interested in the existing model so I am hoping for something special from Skoda to maintain sales.