230 owners please help

Hi guys/gals,

My dealer is telling me the rear spoiler is only body colour coded, where as in the brochure there is a white hatch with black spoiler, as I have ordered white I really do want the black spoiler. Has anybody else got a colour coded spoiler or different colour?

Big thanks

Aslettd230

• Like 1

Why should they be allowed to put it in the brochure then, my dealer has now emailed me saying its in the brochure for illustration purposes, and may depict a car not as UK spec, so they come from the same factory but sent to each country different. Dealer has done all the options again online and doesn't say anything about choosing a spoiler colour so I can't have it. Does no one pick up a phone anymore!? Can a call not be made to someone to see if it is at all possible. Computer says no!

The 230 brochure is for illustration only and the cars are all left hand drive so not to UK spec.

I also think the Wing mirrors are power folding and the drivers is auto dimming but It doesn't mention that in the brochure.   

http://www.skoda.co....via-vrs-230.pdf

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

My showroom stock 230 came colour coded (which i would have chosen anyway) but the dealer demo (now for sale Spirit Skoda Harlow) has a black spoiler on a red car so it must have been possible at some time

My showroom stock 230 came colour coded (which i would have chosen anyway) but the dealer demo (now for sale Spirit Skoda Harlow) has a black spoiler on a red car so it must have been possible at some time

Nothing to stop them removing the original and fitting a Black one. I'll be going down this route or might just get it wrapped Gloss Black.

My 230 will have a Panoramic sunroof so I'll get the rest of the roof wrapped also in Gloss Black.

As Mr Goldfinger suggests, I guess the best option would be to ask nicely to your dealer to replace it with a black one or colour/wrap it before you collect it.

Of course it is be possible for the factory to fit a spoiler of any colour if they chose to.

However, you have to concider that Skoda sells 1m vehicles a year so you have to have some kind of system in place to make the process effective.

Brochures & artwork are likey designed way in advance of the final design freeze & spécifications change so often to keep car sales "fresh" that theywill never resemble the real products. (hence teh disclaimers about illustration only, specs can change without notificiation etc)

Its also why the tabulated price/options list & nice big glossy brochure are printed separately...

• Like 1

My understanding from chatting to dealers and seeing what's on auto trader is that all 4 colour options on the 230 come with a black spoiler - for factory order versions. The early demo versions of the 230, however, had spoilers in the same colour as the car. A bit like the missing roof rails on early demo versions of the 230 estate.

I have recently acquired an ex demo moon white 230 with black roof/sunroof and black spoiler. Along with the black 19 inch wheels it goes very well together. Not sure if it is a special version or a dealer special build.

I have recently acquired an ex demo moon white 230 with black roof/sunroof and black spoiler. Along with the black 19 inch wheels it goes very well together. Not sure if it is a special version or a dealer special build.

Pics?

Here are some pics. They are the same car but I removed the 230 stickers.

27652472773_21a9ba33a7_z.jpg

28233620026_a2275901d6_z.jpg

I have had the car just over a week. A fully loaded ex demo with DSG, sunroof, canton, Columbus sat nav, Kessy and more. Very happy with it.

That looks the Dogs Danglies  Can't wait for mine now

Thanks for posting

Here are some pics. They are the same car but I removed the 230 stickers.

27652472773_21a9ba33a7_z.jpg

28233620026_a2275901d6_z.jpg

I have had the car just over a week. A fully loaded ex demo with DSG, sunroof, canton, Columbus sat nav, Kessy and more. Very happy with it.

Make me pleased I chose white. Although drove a meteor 220 last week and had second thoughts at the time.

The 230 brochure is for illustration only and the cars are all left hand drive so not to UK spec.

I also think the Wing mirrors are power folding and the drivers is auto dimming but It doesn't mention that in the brochure.   

http://www.skoda.co....via-vrs-230.pdf

They are auto power folding and I think both of my mirrors dim.

• Like 1

Here are some pics. They are the same car but I removed the 230 stickers.27652472773_21a9ba33a7_z.jpg28233620026_a2275901d6_z.jpgI have had the car just over a week. A fully loaded ex demo with DSG, sunroof, canton, Columbus sat nav, Kessy and more. Very happy with it.

IMO Colour coded it looks like it belongs on the car.

Black spoiler on white car looks like you went to Halfauds and fitted it yourself.

• Like 1

Hi guys/gals,

My dealer is telling me the rear spoiler is only body colour coded, where as in the brochure there is a white hatch with black spoiler, as I have ordered white I really do want the black spoiler. Has anybody else got a colour coded spoiler or different colour?

Big thanks

Aslettd230

There is a red 230 on autotrader at Spirit Skoda with a Black Spoiler. This has a sunroof too so wondered if there might be a theme with the black sunroof and the black spoiler to match

• 2 weeks later...

If you go onto the configurator the spoiler turns black once the pan roof is selected as an option.

I've just Confirured a 230 Vrs on the Skoda web site, added a Pan Sunroof and the Spoiler stays Colour coded

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

You don't have the rest of your roof black either. I don't think the spec is very different here but our configurator is better. When I select panoramic roof on Skoda.ie it forces me to tick the option for the foil roof extra and that turns the spoiler black... Have a look at skoda.ie

You don't have the rest of your roof black either. I don't think the spec is very different here but our configurator is better. When I select panoramic roof on Skoda.ie it forces me to tick the option for the foil roof extra and that turns the spoiler black... Have a look at skoda.ie

We don't get the option for Roof Foil or Internal/external ariel

Have a look at the Skoda UK site

Thanks for the Information.