Seat Leon front Lipp on the RS Bumper

fabiano

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys

I`ve got some new projekts from germany with the the Seat leon Cupra R Bumper Part.

jgs_galerie_bild.php?bildid=1580&type=jpg&sid=

MFG fabiano.

Nice Fabia! LCR splitter looks fantastic! Can you show some pictures of the back of the car though? what kind of rear spoiler does it have fitted?

I like the fact that its something different, and its fairly subtle, but have to say that I'm not keen.

I have been looking for a front splitter though, but I was thinking along the lines of similar to the black plastic one from a boggo Clio... :rubchin:

From previous ownership and using other VAG forums I can say that the Cupra R splitter is a popular modification for non R Leon owners and also Golf R32 owners.

The splitter is very flexible and is mounted on the underside of the bumper using self tapping screws usually. How far forward it juts out is up to you as you will have to make your own holes to mount it. It has two lugs near the centre as mentioned in the first post that will need cutting off which is easy enough. The bottom of the front of the Cupra R is not as wide as it looks (and narrower than the bottom of the FR bumper). The splitter on the car in the photographs does not look like it's been cut and looking at the bottom of the vRS front bumper I can't see why it wouldn't fit without the need for trimming anything other than the lugs.

If someone is seriously looking at a splitter - as it only costs about 20 quid I think it would be worth the experiment, I know though for a fact that the Cupra R owners find they do catch on ramps and kerbs so be very wary if your car is lowered.

Just found this thread. That black car is without a doubt the nicest vRS I have ever seen. Beats all the others hands down.

The front splitter looks brilliant. One question? I assume you would need to get the splitter body coloured otherwise it'll look naff? You lucky Black Magic vRS owners!

Chris.

Just found this thread. That black car is without a doubt the nicest vRS I have ever seen. Beats all the others hands down.

The front splitter looks brilliant. One question? I assume you would need to get the splitter body coloured otherwise it'll look naff? You lucky Black Magic vRS owners!

Chris.

Im going to fit mine without colouring it (mines Red), quite a lot of Fords fitted the Laguna lower lip without body colouring and they looked fine. It'll only get stone chipped to hell down there anyway!

Good point, for £18 you cant go wrong. Can't wait to see the pics, hope it doesn't look out of place without the side skirts (which by the way I cannot find on any web site, even the one mentioned in this post, they simply don't exist as far as I can tell).

Good point, for £18 you cant go wrong. Can't wait to see the pics, hope it doesn't look out of place without the side skirts (which by the way I cannot find on any web site, even the one mentioned in this post, they simply don't exist as far as I can tell).

I had a link at home to a european tuning company that def had them, and loads more for the fabia so will try and dig it out.

I assume you would need to get the splitter body coloured otherwise it'll look naff? You lucky Black Magic vRS owners!

Chris.

Not necessarily, it isn't colour coded on the LCR and I suspect painting would be a bad idea as it'll be very prone to scrapes and chips mounted under the bumper.

I used to have a Leon Cupra R and wouldnt recommend colour coding it as it will definately get scraped. It is quite low and I even had scrapes and scratches on the top surface because of gravel in carparks.

It is quite flexible and can take quite a bit of punishment and personally I think it looks better with a few scratches on it. It is also cheap enough to treat it as a consumable.

I will definately add this to my vRS when it arrives.