Octavia SE Sport, available from Aug? Anyone enquired/Ordered

Why do they call it Sport if one of the engines is a 110bhp unit ?

More like boy racer body kit added, sorry it's not a sports car.

Won't be ordering it, much more likely to order SE-L spec, I like my comfort, without looking tacky.

Edited by SurreyJohn

Guest danbt79

I actually read the link, and there's no mention of any styling modifications. It looks to effectively be a special edition that has a lot of features found on the SEL, some nice features that don't come standard on SEL, and is only £950 more than a regular SE. It's an interesting additional choice for people looking to buy. Nice find!

May get more info once official brochure is out, MK2 had a sport model at one point I believe. I agree it's basically an SE with some good kit and bigger alloys not sure if SE currently has the 150 bhp 1.4

Hey, 

Ordered an SE with a few options 2 weeks ago, just waiting for a call back from the dealer to see if I can change my order! Really hope so, loads more kit for the money! 

Many manufacturers use "sport" to describe a bit more trim.

Like Mercedes now regularly uses the "AMG" name -  £10k just for flash wheels, Darth Vader front end, leather, and lots of chrome. On a 2 litre diesel.

And BMW with the "M Sport" tag. A 520d M Sport is not the same as an M5.

Glad I got that off my chest.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Many manufacturers use "sport" to describe a bit more trim.

Like Mercedes now regularly uses the "AMG" name -  £10k just for flash wheels, Darth Vader front end, leather, and lots of chrome. On a 2 litre diesel.

And BMW with the "M Sport" tag. A 520d M Sport is not the same as an M5.

Glad I got that off my chest.

I get this but its been a mega money spinner for the brands....

Looks like a sport model but is essentially a long distance oil burner.. Why they didn't do it years ago ill never know.

I drive a VRS diesel, so may be conflicted however ;)

I am more interested in led rear lights.... Hoping the facelift gets them, so I can add to my 2016 VRS..

Think Skoda missed a trick not utilising these. however they were probably always for the facelift

LEDs only on the brake lights on the vRS.

And tail lights? Believe the indicators, reverse and fog lights are standard incandescent bulbs.

Yep tail lights too.

Just seen it on the Skoda site. Basically lots of vRS bits on a standard SE. Normal industry methods of maintaining sales before costly bodywork changes go live on the production line. Uses up stocks of lights etc that probably won't fit the facelifted car.