Pictures of VRS with wheel spacers?

2 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

www_lott_de

160 euro posted on ebay.de

Thanks mate!

3 hours ago, Damian@DPM said:

Drop us a PM if we can be any help @fat4l 

We can definitely beat those prices for you.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

Hi. Will definitelly check it out and contact you, but it needs to wait a bit. I'm gathering all the info first, then when I'm ready I will take necessary steps :)

On 10/10/2018 at 09:46, JohnnyType2 said:

Lowered on H&R springs and H&R spacers 20mm/15mm front rear.  look on ebay.de they are the best value for the quality.

front2.jpg.8d7e13ceb6d85632e7654ac49fb143fd.jpg

side1.thumb.jpg.e2809f459a812bcfecf7306bc0cf7084.jpg

gofaster.jpg.35347c47076ea6763e64721bd1e3ddee.jpg

Hello I have these wheels on my vrs and am looking for spacer are your 15front 20 back? Just looking that is what most people’s are but your post reads the oppose? Thank you 

On 22/01/2019 at 18:34, Atchy said:

Just another quick question how does the car ride on the standard shockers? And did you have any trouble with your headlight leveller ? 

absolutely no difference from stock ride at all in fact id say its a little less harsh due to the better quality springs.

• 1 month later...

So im not saying this is related to the spacer that i fitted back the other month as before fitting them i never got the car up to these speeds as ive only had the car a little while and dont do a massive amount of Motorway driving where theres not a shed load of traffic build up BUT, i had a long trip up the M1 the other day at stupid o'clock in the morning so there was hardly any traffic about and was able to let the car stretch its legs and noticed when i pushed the car over 90mph that i was getting a kind of vibrating.....no resonating sensation in the seat of the car i wasn't getting no such sensation in the steering  however just seemed to be in the seat, anything below 90 then it didnt seem to happen.

The car i had before was a Subaru Impreza WRX STi, so had lowered stiffened suspension when compared to the vRS and never got this type of sensation with that car, is this sort of behaviour normal for the vRS at these speed? 

Edited by BlockABoots

36 minutes ago, BlockABoots said:

So im not saying this is related to the spacer that i fitted back the other month as before fitting them i never got the car up to these speeds as ive only had the car a little while and dont do a massive amount of Motorway driving where theres not a shed load of traffic build up BUT, i had a long trip up the M1 the other day at stupid o'clock in the morning so there was hardly any traffic about and was able to let the car stretch its legs and noticed when i pushed the car over 90mph that i was getting a kind of vibrating.....no resonating sensation in the seat of the car i wasn't getting no such sensation in the steering  however just seemed to be in the seat, anything below 90 then it didnt seem to happen.

The car i had before was a Subaru Impreza WRX STi, so had lowered stiffened suspension when compared to the vRS and never got this type of sensation with that car, is this sort of behaviour normal for the vRS at these speed? 

How would we law-abiding people know? :notme: :angel:

In a word, no. Check your wheel bolts are tight and have the wheels rebalanced. 

I assume the spacers are hubcentric? If not, they're a disaster...

Edit - I see they are :thumbup:

Edited by pist0nbr0ke

17 hours ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

How would we law-abiding people know? :notme: :angel:

In a word, no. Check your wheel bolts are tight and have the wheels rebalanced. 

I assume the spacers are hubcentric? If not, they're a disaster...

Edit - I see they are :thumbup:

Yeah they are Hubcentric, I torqued them to the tension stated in the octavia manual, or do they need to have a higher torqued when using spacers?.

I haven't the wheels rebalanced is this something you should do after having spacers fitted as the wheels don't get balance with the spacers attached?? 

14 minutes ago, BlockABoots said:

Yeah they are Hubcentric, I torqued them to the tension stated in the octavia manual, or do they need to have a higher torqued when using spacers?.

I haven't the wheels rebalanced is this something you should do after having spacers fitted as the wheels don't get balance with the spacers attached?? 

Torque won't change, but it's always worth checking them all again if you have a wobble.

Wheels won't need rebalance just because of spacers, no - but imbalance may be the cause of a wobble or vibration - the weights can fall off occasionally.

Looks low that :) you got 20 mm spacers on the front too? And you have a pic of the front if so I was thinking 15mm but don’t want to have long wheel bolts on the front but normal on the back 

On 25/02/2019 at 17:47, BlockABoots said:

its saw toothing, octavias are notorious for it. A four wheel balance and new rear tyres will sort it.

Edited by JohnnyType2

Thank you just thought you would know with you having 15’s in your opinion it wouldn’t be too close to the wings? Just I have ordered 40mm H&M springs so would sit the same as yours thanks for your time 

On 28/02/2019 at 02:50, JohnnyType2 said:

its saw toothing, octavias are notorious for it. A four wheel balance and new rear tyres will sort it.

Saw toothing!?.....is that related to the tread on the tyres?.

Funny story relating to the tread on my car, After having my car for about a week i noticed that the steering wheel needed to be ever so slightly to the right in order for the car to do directly straight, i took it to my local dealer who had a look and said that all the tread on all 4 wheels had slightly uneven tread and suggested getting a 4 wheel alignment done. I phone Watford Skoda where i got the car from and asked them if it was ok for my local dealership to put it right at their expense as i had only had the car for a week and this wasnt picked up in the service and pre sales checks they refused and wanted me to take it back down to the them and wouldn't let my local dealer touch it (it was a 150 round trip), so i told them to shove it and got it done at a reputable place in town.

So im guessing this vibrating im getting could be to the tracking being out pre me buying the car?

Edited by BlockABoots

4 hours ago, BlockABoots said:

Saw toothing!?.....is that related to the tread on the tyres?.

Funny story relating to the tread on my car, After having my car for about a week i noticed that the steering wheel needed to be ever so slightly to the right in order for the car to do directly straight, i took it to my local dealer who had a look and said that all the tread on all 4 wheels had slightly uneven tread and suggested getting a 4 wheel alignment done. I phone Watford Skoda where i got the car from and asked them if it was ok for my local dealership to put it right at their expense as i had only had the car for a week and this wasnt picked up in the service and pre sales checks they refused and wanted me to take it back down to the them and wouldn't let my local dealer touch it (it was a 150 round trip), so i told them to shove it and got it done at a reputable place in town.

So im guessing this vibrating im getting could be to the tracking being out pre me buying the car?

the tracking cause uneven block wearing in the inner tread of the rear tyre and if you rub your hand around the inside you can feel the saw toothing, it causes alot of road noise at speed. Personally mine was loudest around 65-80. the drone was almost unbearable  and was worse on smoother tarmac. 

Edited by JohnnyType2

14 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

the tracking cause uneven block wearing in the inner tread of the rear tyre and if you rub your hand around the inside you can feel the saw toothing, it causes alot of road noise at speed. Personally mine was loudest around 65-80. the drone was almost unbearable  and was worse on smoother tarmac. 

Hmmm im not sure there was any noise, i had the stereo up, i could just feel a vibrating in my butt.

Does sawtoothing cause vibrations?

• 1 month later...

Hi all. Not a vrs but had 12mm all round. Garage who did some work on the car forgot to put the rear ones back on. Now I'm happy to go down and grab them back (I've known the guys for a while) but thought I'd take the opportunity to put wider ones in the back. 

So... Is 20mm too much for the rear when matched to 12mm front or will 15mm be a better option. Always thought the 12 on the rear looked like it could be wider. Would I really notice the difference to 15mm?

Ps. Not lowered yet but may do down the line.