P0136 02 Sensor Intermittent circuitry issue

Hi All,

I finally got rid of the engine check light after 2 years of it being constantly on.. It was the EGR that needed a serious clean. I was so happy!!

It stayed off for a month, and then yesterday came back on again :-( Ran the diagnostics through it and found that it is now logging P0136 02 Sensor bank 1 sensor 2 intermittent circuit issue. Is this a driveway fix and if so what part do I need?

I guess the connection is perished so it might be worth replacing the sensor rather than bodging it..

Iain

Agreed. I managed to remove one in-situ on the drive, but only 'cos it was recently fitted into a new cat section a week or two earlier, and I didn't immediately realise it was fooked by the move, no fault lights.  Getting it out of the original cat pipe ex-situ was awkward enough, I seem to remember putting the sensor in a vice and turning the whole pipe; maybe that's when I killed it! :D

Edit: But... before spending anything, check the wiring between sensor and the connection that's just out of shot in the bottom right corner of my pic above (assuming same set-up as on Polo), and the connector pair for water ingress and corrosion.

Edited by Wino