Snow Foam's

TK699

I'm urgently using auto finesse snow foam and it seems OK. But as this is my first bottle of snow foam I don't know what others out there are any good?

I've looked around and the lure of a nice smelling one sounds like a good idea, but not overly important at the same time.

Valet Pro seems to be a common brand on Ebay that smells good.

Any suggestions on a good foam would be appreciated.

Cant disagree with the recommendations above - all good. :thumbup:

My 3 regulars are...

KKD Blizzard

BH AutoFoam

Car-Chem Snowfoam

If in doubt - it might be worth getting a small selection of samples from Andy @ CYR:-

http://www.cleanyourride.uk/shop-sample/snowfoam-prewash-sample

• Like 2

0F683930-62A3-48B2-A4DC-6198CEBA9D8D_zps

That's with my Aldi washer and a lance from eBay, I'm using using Angelwax Fast Foam 10/1 in the lance bottle.

Don't smell of much but it cuts through road grime and mashed flies like nothing I've ever used, also does not strip my sealant, essentially allows me a touchless wash most of the time.

£20 for 5L! 

No complaints! 

Edited by Muzza80
  • Like 3

0F683930-62A3-48B2-A4DC-6198CEBA9D8D_zps

That's with my Aldi washer and a lance from eBay, I'm using using Angelwax Fast Foam 10/1 in the lance bottle.

Don't smell of much but it cuts through road grime and mashed flies like nothing I've ever used, also does not strip my sealant, essentially allows me a touchless wash most of the time.

£20 for 5L! 

No complaints! 

Looks good - nice to have the Angelwax boys on your doorstep too! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Good recommendations above. Fast Foam is a thicker foam, whereas I find Autofoam is the slightly better cleaner, although a much thinner foam. Both excellent foams, so you can't go wrong.

• Like 2

I think its worth appreciating that a good snow-foam is formulated to be thick enough to cling for a while but thin enough to run off the car taking a lot of dirt with it.

• Like 1

What would be ideal for someone starting out as i just use 2 bucket system wash after ive hosed the car over water. Really want to get something similar and was tempted to for autobrite products but really not sure. Apologies for asking on this thread.

Edited by acepower84

The above! I use Bilt Hamber Autofoam through a garden pump spayer with brilliant results thus cost is low but product is effective with great results. What more could you want?!

Always used meguiars hyperwash which has been great

Just picked up some bolt hamber and will look at a comparison between the two hopefully Thursday on my day off

• Like 1

Always used meguiars hyperwash which has been great

Just picked up some bolt hamber and will look at a comparison between the two hopefully Thursday on my day off

I started out with Meg's Hyperwash - it does gove a really nice think foam :thumbup:

You will find that switching to BH Auto foam you are going to the opposite end of the spectrum really... but the cleaning power is still great.

• Like 1

Have you had any experience of iron x snow foam

Used iron x plenty of times but received a free sample of the iron x snow foam and heard mixed reviews

Not tried it at all.

I'm not the biggest fan of "combo" type products in all honesty;

but they have there place for certain occasions or detailing routines.

Let us know what you think when you use the sample....

I started out with Meg's Hyperwash - it does gove a really nice think foam :thumbup:

You will find that switching to BH Auto foam you are going to the opposite end of the spectrum really... but the cleaning power is still great.

Can you clarify the difference in your experience between the Megs and BH. Every day's a school day! Thanks.

Can you clarify the difference in your experience between the Megs and BH. Every day's a school day! Thanks.

In basic terms i found them both very good pre-wash cleaners that's for sure.

The fundamental difference i found, is that Meg's Hyperwash tends to product a dense heavy foam to drag off the dirt;

whereas the BH Autofoam is a lot less thick or dense in terms of foam - but has a more watery direct cleansing action.

Not sure if that helps?

In basic terms i found them both very good pre-wash cleaners that's for sure.

The fundamental difference i found, is that Meg's Hyperwash tends to product a dense heavy foam to drag off the dirt;

whereas the BH Autofoam is a lot less thick or dense in terms of foam - but has a more watery direct cleansing action.

Not sure if that helps?

It does help, yes. So, from what you've experienced, the Megs may do a better job at prewash by taking off more of the contaminants, in basic terms?

• Like 1

It does help, yes. So, from what you've experienced, the Megs may do a better job at prewash by taking off more of the contaminants, in basic terms?

Actually No..... what i was trying to express was that you have two products

that seem to achieve similar results but in different ways in the foam/mix formulation.

Actually No..... what i was trying to express was that you have two products

that seem to achieve similar results but in different ways in the foam/mix formulation.[/quote

Ahh, got ya! I noticed the consistency with the BH especially via the pump sprayer.

Big fan of BH Auto foam. I bought it a while back as I was impressed with Auto wheel & their clay bars.

As said above, it's not the thickest foam but the not always a good thing. Foams that are like Gillette stuck to the car do nothing. The foam just sits around and falls off in blobs.

BH on the other hand runs down the car due to its consistency and the cleaning power is brilliant!

If I didn't have 10 litres of car Chem to get through from the Christmas sales it'd be my go to aswell as KKD blizzard.

• Like 1