First question, Light Assist

Right, but Smart Light Assist, like Travel Assist, is an option on the L&K, so I don't see why they would be fitting the camera unless either of those options are specified?

Got me wondering now. I got blind spot detection and lane assist on my 2015 L&K but TSR wasn't specced. I had that coded. I don't think I have Light assist but TSR is a coding option as is Light assists it seems. The 2016 configurator shows smart Light assist with the eye lashes, bsd and lane assist as an option using the camera. So I'm not sure if the 2016/17 car has it as standard. Maybe someone can confirm?

Got me wondering now. I got blind spot detection and lane assist on my 2015 L&K but TSR wasn't specced. I had that coded. I don't think I have Light assist but TSR is a coding option as is Light assists it seems. The 2016 configurator shows smart Light assist with the eye lashes, bsd and lane assist as an option using the camera. So I'm not sure if the 2016/17 car has it as standard. Maybe someone can confirm?

Maybe it's Lane Assist that's doing it. It's not a paid option on the L&K, but it's not listed under the standard kit either, so I don't know what's going on.

I suppose bottom line is if your car has that triangular patch at the top of the windscreen or not. Again, on Autotrader, you can see the L&Ks do, the the SE-L Execs and lower, do not.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With smart light assist, do the whiskers light up all the time (when Drl's are on) or are they only when the headlights are on, just looking at a couple of cars on auto trader and one says smart light assist and shows a photo with the drl's on but not the whiskers

Thanks for that Gizmo, it was after seeing your car the other month that made me start thinking about getting one for myself, just need to choose between head (190 diesel) or heart (280 petrol) lol

280 petrol it is then, you know it makes sense ;) lol

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

As std they only come on with the side lights and dip / main beam.

They can be coded to come on all the time.

Hi Gizmo,

I have purchased a fully loaded MY17 Superb 206 4x4. Unfortunately, smart lighting is not available in Australia, not even as an extra option. I have checked my car, the lashes do not illuminate. I have the camera though.

I just want to clarify, what would I gain by activating the "high beam assist" as described in the "Superb MKIII VCDS Adaptations - tried and tested" thread. Is it the same as Dynamic Lighting? Would it create the light tunnel etc? or is it simply switching on/off high beam depending on traffic?

Many thanks.

Don't worry about it, Smart Light Assist is a waste of money. I have gotten it, 300 or so euros wasted (note that SLA comes with blind spot detection included, which is a must have).

In theory it's supposed to have a "selective high beam" that don't dazzle cars in front. In practice it's so bad it's plain dangerous to use - you'll effectively be running with low beam in the night most of the time ...

Agree, living near the Mercedes F1 engine factory, I see lots of Mercs with their version of Dynamic light assist ie on main beam but masking out other traffic. It simply doesn't work on bumpy/twisty B-roads round here. Frequently blinded by them. It's easy to see on a Mercedes as they have seperate dipped/main beam lights. Generally now end up flashing them.