235 35 R19 on Xtreme wheels

Has anyone tried to put 235 tire on the 19 Xtreme wheels?

225/35 r19 is the original size and it still looks a bit stretched, so I'm hoping it'll fit. But before I buy the tires I figured I should ask here as well.

I've tried searching but didn't find the same question.

I'm planing on doing a stage 2 ( downpipe+tune) and I'd like some more rubber. I'll also put on a anti-roll bar for a bit more stability so I guess those two things will be the most cost-effective, and should make quite a difference without sacrificing any comfort. I understand mk7 anti-roll bars fit right on mk3 Vrs right?

Any information would be much appreciated :)

Edited by Magget

My understanding - theoretical, not practical! - is that it should be fine, but you will see a (very) small variation in your speedometer reading...possibly slightly more accurate in fact, given they normally read "heavy"

You can use something like http://www.willtheyfit.com/ to do the maths, but I am not sure how much additional traction you would get for such a small change. I am sure there is someone here far more knowledgeable than I who can comment.

I was actually hoping to do the same when I replaced my 225/35/19 - purely because the 235/35/19 is a more common size here in NZ and thus the same tyre can be up to $50 cheaper each!

Edited by Item

Yep 235/35/19 on mine. More option available and cheaper. Spot on. Fills arches better, speedo reads spot on and rides very well. I went for vredestein ultrac vorti and they are a nice tyre

post-129270-0-83207300-1470993124_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

Yep 235/35/19 on mine. More option available and cheaper. Spot on. Fills arches better, speedo reads spot on and rides very well. I went for vredestein ultrac vorti and they are a nice tyre

Forgot to add this is with H&R springs so arches are full

hi 

I've been looking into tyres and lower engine mount (dogbone) to try and stop the wheel hopping  :nerd: . I had p zero 225/35/19 and put 235/35/19 contisports contact 6. First it helped about 75% and when i did the dog bone insert from 034 motorsport, its a different car, 95% gone  :D . Now I'm looking to do the suspension and a stage 1 race chip piggy back ecu. Anyone got any information? 

hi 

I've been looking into tyres and lower engine mount (dogbone) to try and stop the wheel hopping  :nerd: . I had p zero 225/35/19 and put 235/35/19 contisports contact 6. First it helped about 75% and when i did the dog bone insert from 034 motorsport, its a different car, 95% gone  :D . Now I'm looking to do the suspension and a stage 1 race chip piggy back ecu. Anyone got any information? 

Any change in tyre noise? I find my 225/35/19 P zeros loud and wouldn't want to make it worse!

Bit noisier than the 18" nokian winters which are silent but still pretty quiet tyre. If you want good all round try Goodyear eagle F1's check noise dB levels and remember a 3dB increase in noise is actually double the noise level !!

Awesome. Thanks Esseesse!

Did you notice any difference in driving/handling?

Bit noisier than the 18" nokian winters which are silent but still pretty quiet tyre. If you want good all round try Goodyear eagle F1's check noise dB levels and remember a 3dB increase in noise is actually double the noise level !!

I've used Dunlop SportMaxx RT on previous 2 cars and I've been really really pleased with grip, sound and the gradual progressive let-go. So they don't bite, snap and kill :D

I'm really tempted to go for the new SportMaxx RT2 also 68db compared to P Zero I have now with 72db

I had the Eagles on my 180CR diesel, but it felt they were losing tread to fast. Could just be the diesel torque... Not sure

Edited by Magget

The vredestein have a fairly small rim protector anyway but some of the othe brands might. No difference in handling for me as I'm lowered anyway but rubber is wider so slightly higher rolling resistance and more grip.

Interesting. A member that had a black fabia mk2 vRS estate once commented on how skinny the tyres are. I've never thought about going wide on just the tyres. (Also going to follwo this one).

Remember that the quoted noise level for tyres is measures a set distance from OUTSIDE the car as it drives past at a set speed on a reference service.

The actual test consists of a microphone being set up on the edge of a track to measure the sound level of a test vehicle - the microphone is required to be 7.5m from the centre of the car and sited at 1.2m above the ground. When passing, the vehicle must be travelling at 50 mph with the engine turned off for the test to be valid.

• 5 years later...
1 hour ago, Fuzzarr said:

Question for those who switched to 235s - did you use the same tyre pressures as on the 225s, or more/less? Cheers

I use the same pressure with no issues or uneven tyre wear.

I also use the same tyre pressures on my present 235 width Michelin PS4S tyres as I did before on my old Michelin PS4S tyres on standard 225 width with no issues. One thing to be aware of when changing tyre width. Some tyre fitting garages will not put your new  wider tyres on the car, when the tyres coming off are narrower. Elf and bloody safety!!! When I changed to the 235 tyres I ordered them via Blackcircles tyre sales. They sent them to my local tyre fitting garage that they deal with. I have used Blackcircles before and had no problem when the new tyre size matched the ones coming off the car. The garage refused to fit them. So I simply took the tyres to another tyre fitters who fitted them no problem, at a cost mind. I also contacted Blackcircles to get a refund on the cost of fitting, which is included in the initial cost of the tyres.  

• Like 1

I'm on 235s with no issues either & same tyre pressure as well (Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5s). 235 opens up more range of tyres and at a better price.

Worth noting that some garages will only fit 4 tyres if changing width and not 2. I needed 4 so not an issue.