Kw street comfort vs stock on vrs

So,

I have just got my 4 tyres changed from sport maxx rt to eagle f1 asymetetric 3.

For the moment I have only done city driving and I must say that they are great. Cornering is at another level and on wot, no more wheel spin and tcs comming on. The ride is also less crashy more "gummy" tomorrow I have a hightway trip at 130km/h I am hopping for less road noise.

This brings me to the suspension. I am looking for something more comfortable but want to keep great cornering. I thougt of retro fitting dcc but can't get any real info so it is back to standard shocks.

I don't want to lower the car as it is already quite loW and here in France I havr already touched the bumper a couple of times.

I was thinking about the kw street comfort coils. They seem to do every thing I wish.

Does anyone have experience witj theme or a sugestion for a good setup?

Thanks

KW do DCC system but its expensive. Around £2500 plus fitting.

I'm waiting to get KW1's fitted, I'm hoping it will not be too harsh. My uncle had them on his mk2 Octavia and it wasn't too bad.

Edited by M12MKD

So,

I have just got my 4 tyres changed from sport maxx rt to eagle f1 asymetetric 3.

For the moment I have only done city driving and I must say that they are great. Cornering is at another level and on wot, no more wheel spin and tcs comming on. The ride is also less crashy more "gummy" tomorrow I have a hightway trip at 130km/h I am hopping for less road noise.

Hi, do you have any feedback on the noise levels yet? I'm thinking about replacing my Bridgestones with the eagle f1a3's. To be honest the Bridgestones are noisy at all speeds let alone 130kmh.

Thanks.

Just seen your latest post - question answered!!

Edited by andyh41

WoW going for the performance version. I am looking for a little more comfort than stock. How would you rate that on your uncle's carcompared to stock?

As you'd expect slightly more stiffer ride, but not too bad.

Let put it this way my nan was able to travel in it without any issues and she has medical issues that a rough ride would make painful.

So I'm hoping that it will be the same on the mk3. If not then they will be up for sale and I'll have to maybe go on airride

Go for Bilstein B6 shocks with standard springs, will transform the comfort and handeling of the car.

Did you do anything on the ARB side? Only criticism I have it the lean round long bends which I know can be an issue on the Yeti. Thought ARBs might sort it?

Did you do anything on the ARB side? Only criticism I have it the lean round long bends which I know can be an issue on the Yeti. Thought ARBs might sort it?

I fit whitline adjustables front and rear, transformed the handling :)

• 2 years later...

I have a non vrs stock suspension with rear independant suspension on 18' wheels. I have opinion that with some quallity coilovers like KW SC the ride could be more comfortable but in the same time more stable on higher speeds than on stock suspension, any experiance from briskodas? 

If you upgrade your ARBs consider replacing the droplinks at the same time otherwise you could end up with front and rears failing a couple of months after the ARB upgrade. Presumably the extra forces on them from the thicker ARBs cause this (30k miles on the car, around 2k since ARB upgrade)

IMG_20190108_113838097.jpg

I don't want to lower the car too much, only achive more stability of the car. With installing coilovers I would void warranty on suspension so your post is showing what can go wrong.