Goodyear eagle f1 asymetetric 3 my thought

So, I was looking to change my sport maxx rt that came with my tsi vrs. I was complaining about road noise.

Well my front dunlop had 5000km left and the rear were deformed from not driving enought (16000km in 2 years).

I was going to put vredestein ultrac vorti's on but read a post about fuel efficiency. I then saw that the f1 asymetetric 3 where out, I had a deal, 370 euros for the 4 tyres fitted plus a 100 euros coupon for a next Goodyear purchase (go winter tyres :-))

So tu these tyres are great, the ride is less crashy, more smooth. Cornering is amazing, the car is glued to the ground, where the sport maxx would go off, the F 1 3 still hold the car. On staight acceleration, the wheel spin happens a lot less. You can use more power.

Now for hightway driving, I just did the trip from home to my parents in law, 200km, 15 city, 120 hightway the reste country side with uphills. The road noise is down, I would say 70-80℅ (real) the car will never be a benz but now the noise is at a reasonable level, it is not intrusive anymore and you can hold a conversation without raising your voice, very pleasing.

Fuel efficiency, on the same trip, 95 octane fuel and speed regulator at 130km/h on the hightway and 90 on the country except for the uphills with lots of curves, the car gives me 7.4l/100 against 8.2 with the dunlop's... Amazing

To wrap it up, more comfort, better handeling, low road noise and fuel efficient, these tyres are a 100℅ go for. And for the price you can't go wrong.

I don't think they will last as they are extra soft but I don't care, with my annual mileage, they will last at least 2 years ;-) I just have to moove the car time to time to avoid flat spots.

Edited by nickytheshaft
  • Like 4

I've got the AS 2's on my 3 series. Fantastic tyres and after 1 year and 10,000 miles on them, i've still got 6mm tread left all round.

Similar experience for me. I got about 30k miles out of the last set of AS2s on my VRS - so if yours wear at the same rate you should be down to about 2mm at 30k miles.

I was going to try the AS3s but the AS2s were slightly cheaper and I knew they were good.

• Like 1

You should have gone with the 3 I read a post where a guy said the 3's where really ahead of the 2's in terme of comfort and silence

At the time of purchasing, I didn't even know the 3's were out. Plus I was happy with the price of the AS2's and the reviews they got.

Yes on order my girlfriend told the dealer she wanted the teron rims or we would not take the car lol. So you won't find these rils on tje vrs..

So to answer your quedtion they are the teron rims, the tyres are 225x45x17

As I said the rim protection is huge

Edited by nickytheshaft

Good to hear - enough evidence now to confirm that I will be replacing my P-Zero's with these as soon as I can justify it!

Bare in mind on the VRS standard wheels, there is NO rim protection at all from the AS3's. At least on the 18's anyways... If I remember tomorrow when it's light i'll post a pic.

Bare in mind on the VRS standard wheels, there is NO rim protection at all from the AS3's. At least on the 18's anyways... If I remember tomorrow when it's light i'll post a pic.

Noted, thanks...though:

1) I may end up getting the AS2s which are more easily available in NZ and cheaper - I believe they have more protection (?) and

2) I have 19" Xtremes, so rim protection of any kind is still kind of redundant!

Noted, thanks...though:

1) I may end up getting the AS2s which are more easily available in NZ and cheaper - I believe they have more protection (?) and

2) I have 19" Xtremes, so rim protection of any kind is still kind of redundant!

Nooooo don't say that I was toying with the idea of getting some 19's!! :(

• Like 1

Just last week I had all 4 Pirelli P7s on my Superb replaced with Goodyear F1 AS3s.  The difference is amazing - the ride is more comfortable and so much quieter.  I know from past experience with the P7s that once they've done about 18K miles they get really noisy and I managed 26k before changing them.  I had Goodyear F1 AS2s as front tyres on my Mondeo ST220 and they were batter in my opinion than the Michellin PS3's (and a fair bit cheaper).

Glen

After 4 1/2 month I got the correct Turbine 18" wheels on my Octy today. (it was delivered with rims in silver not grey).

My plan was to change the tires to, and get rid of the Bridgestone that is noisy in my ears.

But the tire dealer that sell Goodyear said that the difference in noise is nearly nothing, and was quit sure that I would be disappointed !

Nooooo don't say that I was toying with the idea of getting some 19's!! :(

My ex-demo came with them fitted. Not sure I would have paid to have them, but I have grown quite fond of them since buying the car!

I have thus far avoided scraping them, but they do stick out a fair bit and the tyres are so low profile that it is not so much the edge of the rims I worry about as the main structure of the wheel - any curb higher than a few inches presents quite a threat!