New Octavia estate query

Hi everybody

I've just ordered my new car, after four years as a very happy Yeti owner. I have gone for the Octavia estate 1.4 TSI SE L estate with a few extras - heated seats, bi-xenon lights, panoramic roof, different wheels, plus a few other bits.

Anyway, I have a few queries.

Does anybody have any experience with delivery times? The dealer has given a vague late October or November. Do they normally take this long or will they be quicker?

Also, since ordering I have seen different panoramic food types. Some have the all black on the outside, and some have body colour around the glass part. Any reason for this?

Also, since ordering I have seen different panoramic food types.

Wasn't an option on mine and I wouldn't know panoramic food if I saw it. :D

On the estate, the roof around the panoramic sunroof is body coloured. Some people have had it wrapped or painted gloss black.

That's good news! We went for candy white, and think the black roof would have been too much. Interesting comments on the DAB radio.

It's massively better on my Octavia Estate than it is on my Citroen C1.

It's rubbish on my VRS Estate, constantly reports no signal when my other half's Kuga never loses signal in the same areas. Bizarrely seems better in the wet. There's a thread on here somewhere with data to back up the poor signal.

Drove out yesterday in my new Leon, what a change NOT to have the DAB signal dropping!

Places where the Scout could not receive DAB were not a problem in the Leon.

• Like 1

Anyway, I have a few queries.

Does anybody have any experience with delivery times? The dealer has given a vague late October or November. Do they normally take this long or will they be quicker?

With those options its clearly a factory order, about 8-12 weeks lead time for build, add a week or two for sitting around at Emden awaiting transfer to UK and another week for transfer to dealer and their PDI inspection.

Dealer estimate sounds about right, factory will give a provisional build week, but this often changes, sometimes earlier, sometimes later. Sometimes a certain option or spec results in delays as production of required parts means vehicles not requiring them are slotted in ahead. (The factory has a computer program that allocates build dates consistent with all the parts being available). The lead time varies through the year, and is dependant on others ordering similar options. There was a 3 week summer shutdown in July so get bit of a backlog in Aug as orders from then clear.

There are reports of some VW factories doing short time because of a dispute with a seat supplier and gearbox castings supplier (causing the production lines to run out of components), but not heard of it affecting Skoda deliveries, but Golfs are affected and some parts are common.

All you can do is ask dealer for current build week and build week status (will be provisional, or locked in (no more spec changes), in production etc.). Dealer will explain status codes. You might have to chase them for latest status as they tend to only check every few weeks until delivery is closer.

• Like 1

Just popped in to the dealer and spoke to him.

The car will be start to be built next week! He reckons four weeks in the factory and then a couple of weeks to get it to the showroom - so excited!

Guess I had better think about getting the Yeti on Autotrader!

• Like 1