Window tinting help

Hi everyone,

I pick up my new O3 next Thursday. A Quartz Grey VRS Estate. It's a dealer order so doesn't have many options.

My current O3 has sunset glass so I was going to get the new ones tinted when the car arrives (there's a place local to me who are very good). 

Does anybody know if the 'standard' glass in the back of the O3 has the little black dots running around the perimeter? (see picture).

I've had a previous car tinted and the film didn't take too well to the little black dots being on the window.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=car+window+black+dots&safe=off&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiLo4zNhd_OAhVKIsAKHVj8A4wQ_AUICSgC&biw=1920&bih=955#imgrc=2eaRhIDCx90OfM%3A

Cheers all 

Rear doors (main) - No dots but embossed glass details and code

Rear doors (quarter) - Dots 

Rear hatch quarters - Dots and heating elements

Rear screen - Dots and elements

I know what you mean - all after market tints suffer from this and has put me off other cars in the past due to this

HTH

Yeah I've had my L&K tinted, and it looks great on the rear windows, but the rear hatch has the dots and let's it down a bit. Thing is, you can only really tell when you're right up close to it.

Would you mind posting a close up pic or send one across on an email if I send you my details?

Rather than paying out £200 for the sunset glass which, IMHO, is not dark enough at 35% tint, I had my rear windows tinted to 15% for £120!!

DSCN12461_zpspujith1x.jpg

Edited by JezzaS

Rather than paying out £200 for the sunset glass which, IMHO, is not dark enough at 35% tint, I had my rear windows tinted to 15% for £120!!

DSCN12461_zpspujith1x.jpg

Out of interest how much extra, if any, did your insurance want for the tinting as a mod.

When I looked it was basically cheaper to get sunset as I'd be charged on a reoccurring basis for a mod.

Mine is done and compared with some cars, not too noticeable with the aftermarket tinting.

Pit also depends on how good the tinted is too.

I would post a pic but the car is filthy!

Out of interest how much extra, if any, did your insurance want for the tinting as a mod.

When I looked it was basically cheaper to get sunset as I'd be charged on a reoccurring basis for a mod.

As it's a company car, the lease Co. we get them from had it done for me before I took delivery, so if it was going to be increasing the insurance, they wouldn't let me have it done.

I'd change insurers if I were you.

I have - Direct Line were dreadful!  Out of interest I phoned Admiral and they wanted an extra £27 which wasn't too bad - (£25 of that was admin charge)

As it's a company car, the lease Co. we get them from had it done for me before I took delivery, so if it was going to be increasing the insurance, they wouldn't let me have it done.

Ah right.  Not too shabby then.  I know my work's fleet of vans are all chipped so I suppose it'll just depend on what the corp's insurance will wear.