Oe Armrest fitment

Fitted the oe armrest in mk2 rokmster/fabia without any issues just wondered if the mk3 is the same idea

I know it's a different armrest but wondered how much if a pain in the butt it is to fit

Fitted the oe armrest in mk2 rokmster/fabia without any issues just wondered if the mk3 is the same idea

I know it's a different armrest but wondered how much if a pain in the butt it is to fit

I'd love to know this too! I know the arm rest makes handbrake access fiddly but sometimes nice to have on the motorway so I may also fit one when I get mine... If it's straightforward to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Peeps, been contemplating getting a centre arm rest for my 2016 fabia monte carlo but have been quoted £130 for the genuine item, but I came across this on ebay, it looks a decent option, does everything that the genuine arm rest does, I was wondering if any of you guys have bought one and what are your thoughts ? on a separate note what are the arm rests like to fit is it a matter of popping out the the tray in the handbrake console and using the captive nuts that are there ???http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-III-3-FIT-CENTER-CONSOLE-ARMREST-ARMREST-FABRIC-COVER-BLACK-TEXTILE-/391426654888?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda%7CModel%3AFabia&hash=item5b22d8c2a8:g:w1EAAOSwx-9WybtM

Edited by alecsfabia
  • Like 1

Personally I hate the arm rest, it gets in the way when its down and when its up! the car is to small for the arm rest really and just doesn't 'fit'. If your tall and have long arms I personally would say avoid it will just get in the way!

The only time its comes close to useful is on the motorway on a long journey which for us and this car is about 4% of what it is used for

Sorry for late reply

Should be getting on with this in the next few days

it looks the same fitting type as fabia 2 albeit different armrest

Downside is there is no instructions supplied by Skoda anymore and the supplying dealer will not give a copy of the workshop manual

It appears to come with a different rear tray that you must have to mount once the rest is in place

We shall see

so as promised a guide few photos didnt turn out how i thought and heck there may even be one or two missing i sure as hell was not going to take it out and refit for photos

the photos are a general guide you will get the idea

before any mongo moans that it interferes with the handbrake blah blah blah if you think that dont buy one simple this is for the people who do want one and as unlike fabia mk2 it now no longer comes with instructions the principles of fitting are the same as the mark 2 fabia roomster but in my opinion a lot more difficult

basic tools

dash trim remover set you know those cheap ebay jobbies will do

torx set with a long reach the longer and more flexible the better

a swear jar (TRUST ME YOU WILL NEED IT )

and some sort of sticky pad to hold the bolts (i'll explain later )

here goes

remove the little rear pocket at the back of the hand brake using your trim tools it just pops of also the little torx screw at the bottom of your picture

IMG_20160918_131004_zpsw9looxqh.jpg

now grab the tree part i call it observing the front icon

IMG_20160918_131019_zpsrjmeuw8q.jpg

now when i fitted the roomster fabia mk2 one there was a lot of movement in the console allowing you to easy access to lift the back end of the console and to slide it under and align not so in the fabia 3 the console is well and truly wedged in i found no more fixings up the console even undernearth a small removable trim near the handbrake trust me it was a pain in the a55 you can just get it under but it feels as if any second the centre console will snap

IMG_20160918_134738_zpstccvhh8p.jpg

now onto the little bolts for some reason non of my magnetic bits would stick to these to allow guiding in with the bolt falling of the torx bit i remember swearing alot when fitting the roomster one

IMG_20160918_134747_zps4ss5md1p.jpg

a god send little dots of glue just dab the bolt head on one it sticks plonk the torx bit in and it sticks enough to get banged a few times while guiding in the back two bolts are easy to see and easy to fit but the front two you cant see them or get in from the top with the bolts i ended lifting the console again and going in that way major pain

IMG_20160918_131648_zpso8bi7ib7.jpg

main armrest section one bolt just line it up and away you go

IMG_20160918_134803_zpsts7zid5k.jpg

bolt pictured captive nut on the n/s

IMG_20160918_134814_zpsqrjr44ie.jpg

all in place

IMG_20160918_135007_zpsjlcpxfi7.jpg

obligatory covers

IMG_20160918_135106_zps8xustkgn.jpg

IMG_20160918_135111_zpsm0mnhuuy.jpg

these just click together making sure you pull the console to each side as it sits lower than the console for a better finish

IMG_20160918_135237_zpsi4qc63yu.jpg

arm rest cover now took me while to suss out how this attaches or why it wasnt already attached unless at some point a leather version is coming out as each part had its on bag with a part number on

IMG_20160918_135531_zpsdlldivqf.jpg

tried to slide them together no that didnt work

so brute foce and bang the two together seemed to work

IMG_20160918_135815_zpstoawqcqn.jpg

a smaller replacement pocket is supplied so after putting the little torx screw back it clicks in

IMG_20160918_135528_zpsrsdunxov.jpg

inside the armrest

IMG_20160918_135823_zpsu1xzycfy.jpg

for all those that had the fabia 2 rest this is very different

the pocket inside is not lined with felt or what ever they used so anything like keys will just slide around and annoy you

there was a catch to move the armrest this now only has a ratchet so the armrest needs to go upright and the move down to what position you like

i dont think its as good a build quality as the mk2 unit but from what i have read on here that seems to be a theme throughout the car and not just accessories so much so i decided 2 things after fitting

1) this will go with the car i will not take it when i sell it

2)i have kept the receipt as i personally dont think it will last the 2 year warranty period

Edited by malcster
  • Like 3

Just been on a run with the rest and it's very comfortable

Not in the way if the handbrake too much and the seatbelt buckles are also not compromised (maybe used to using the one in the roomster)so it seemed to be not in the way

Time will tell with the build quality or maybe I was just raging because it was such a ball ache to fit

Would I buy it again?? More than likely yes

Edited by malcster

• 6 months later...

Going to tackle this job after picking an armrest up from local dealer for a good price. I really miss not having an armrest and tried a showroom car that had one and liked it. It will be nice to have another cubbyhole to stick bits and bobs as the cavernous glovebox means smaller items end up rattling around at the back! 

It's definitely a PITA to fit, but totally worth it. I got mine for £30 from a scrappie :D Worth every penny! It lives down, I never put it back up. It kind of gets in the way of the handbrake a bit, but not enough to annoy me and not enough to actually prevent the handbrake's use. 

• Like 1

So fitted the arm rest. It's not to bad to do, worst parts was getting the bracket under the centre console behind handbrake. The other pain is getting the two part cover to line up.

I used a very long magnetic tipped screwdriver to put the four securing bolts in, that worked a treat.

So I've driven the car with the armrest installed and definitely the right decision for me, feels much more comfortable.B)

• Like 1

On 31/03/2017 at 22:59, vc-10 said:

It's definitely a PITA to fit, but totally worth it. I got mine for £30 from a scrappie :D Worth every penny! It lives down, I never put it back up. It kind of gets in the way of the handbrake a bit, but not enough to annoy me and not enough to actually prevent the handbrake's use. 

Can you let me know which breaker had a fabia 3 in there is. Part I want for a project 

• 4 months later...

I hope someone here can help. I've taken delivery of an arm rest for my MkII Fabia. Looks as though there is some part/parts missing as ther is nothing that actually attaches the rest to the car but there are four M6 Torx bolts but nothing that they fit onto. Under a pocket that pulls out from between the seat there a four threaded hole that take the bolts. Does anyone have any idea of what fits between the car and the arm rest? And where I can get it from?
59b150783003e_Alltheparts.thumb.jpg.30eb0ecbb96e6644b1395ddae1280b59.jpg

From memory there was 

A.plastic thing that had 4 bolt holes in the bottom to bolt to the tunnel 

A large section with a. Long bolt which the armrest pivoted in 

The two plastic covers for the side 

797863600.png

Thanks Malc for the replies. I have managed to find a guide on here that shows the part I need. It's a different shape (MKII not III) but it's part 4 that I need. The guide shows it to be an alloy part not plastic.britskoda.thumb.jpg.969c2519521e6c0b2ee7119326db7969.jpg

The armrest on my Fabia was factory-fit and I wouldn't be without it. It stays down and doesn't get in the way of DSG.  Any minor inconvenience in using the hamdbrake is far outweighed by the advantages. Just like the armrest in the previous Volvo.  Each to his own, eh?

That's not the factory armrest I'm afraid. It might be from a Mk.2? The Mk.3 has a squarer shape to the front of it. I have no idea if you could fit the Mk.2 armrest into the Mk.3.

5 hours ago, vc-10 said:

That's not the factory armrest I'm afraid. It might be from a Mk.2? The Mk.3 has a squarer shape to the front of it. I have no idea if you could fit the Mk.2 armrest into the Mk.3.

Hi vc-10. My picture is a Mk2. I know this is the Mk3 forum but this was the most up to date thread about arm rests. Prety much got all the answers I was looking for now.