Live Launch 1st Sept

ernieb

Premiere Atmosphere for Everyone: World Launch of ŠKODA KODIAQ Live on Internet

29.8.2016 | category: Models

​› ŠKODA to introduce new SUV Model in Berlin on 1 September 2016

› World premiere livestream from 19:00 CEST

​Mladá Boleslav/Berlin, 29 August 2016 – The curtain rises and the stage awaits: the new ŠKODA KODIAQ is ready for its 1 September world debut in Berlin. ŠKODA will be streaming the impressive production combining film, music and dance choreography live on the Internet from 19:00.

​You can watch the 45-minute presentation of the new model via livestream. In addition, the media have the opportunity to broadcast the show on their respective channels per Youtube.

Livestream: http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/models/kodiaq/premiere

Embed Code:

• Like 2

Look at the size of the boot, wow and very flat with the seats down.

From the Press Release:

The interior of the ŠKODA KODIAQ is powerful and robust, yet welcomes passengers with a friendly character. As with all ŠKODA models, the KODIAQ is modern and elegant whilst meeting the functional requirements of an SUV. Every detail conveys clarity and calm; form and function are harmonized.

The expressively and elegantly designed dashboard is uncluttered. It is divided into two symmetrical zones for driver and passenger. Distinctive vertical elements, such as the four large air inlets characterise the interior. The middle ones flank the on-board monitor. Their edges run along the top of the instrument panel and form a trapezoid, which reflects the ŠKODA KODIAQ’s bonnet. The large display has an elegant glass design with ‘Simply Clever’ operation – logical and intuitive. All switches and functions are easily accessible with a self-explanatory layout. The seats are made of high quality materials, offering the driver and front passenger superior comfort.

The above-average space, which sets new standards in its class, is characteristic of ŠKODA: The developers of the KODIAQ have made the largest interior possible from the external dimensions of 4.70 meters in length and 1.88 meters in width. For the first time in a ŠKODA, the SUV is also available with seven seats. The model can react flexibly to various seating and cargo requirements thanks to longitudinally adjustable reclining seats.

With a volume of 720 to 2,065 l (with rear seats folded), the five-seater ŠKODA KODIAQ offers the largest boot in its class. Options such as the heated steering wheel ensure high comfort. The same is true of the more than 30 ‘Simply Clever’ solutions, such as the door edge protection, electric child safety and sleep headrests.

Edited by ernieb

Really like the look of the interior. Huge boot and even looks like it'll be reasonably big with the rearmost seats up.

3 top tether points on the backs of the middle row seats looks promising from a personal perspective.

Looking forward to this unveiling.

Really excited about this car, have told my dealer I will place an order for an early build slot as soon as the books open as I'm so convinced this is the car for me!

Traded my LR Discovery for a Scout DSG and whilst I love the Scout I miss the SUV looks, ride height and 7 seats! If it starts from £23k as rumoured then I'm thinking a mid spec 7 seater 4x4 variant should be available for around £28-30k so well under prices of rivals

Really excited about this car, have told my dealer I will place an order for an early build slot as soon as the books open as I'm so convinced this is the car for me!

Traded my LR Discovery for a Scout DSG and whilst I love the Scout I miss the SUV looks, ride height and 7 seats! If it starts from £23k as rumoured then I'm thinking a mid spec 7 seater 4x4 variant should be available for around £28-30k so well under prices of rivals

When I picked the new Yeti today the dealer said that the order book for the Kodiak would be open in November. He also said that it was unlikely that any VW finance deals would be available then but as they became available they could be applied to any orders already booked.

All I will say is good luck buying a car in the first year of production. As I said before, go to the 2009 section of the Yeti forum and see how many Yeti lemons Škoda made and sold before getting the Yeti right. I don't expect the Kodiaq (or any brand new design bedding into a factory) to be any different.

So I won't be looking at getting a Kodaiq until at least Nov 2017.

I kind of like being an 'early adopter', bought one of the first runs of the LR Discovery 3 back in late 2004 and had no issues at all. It was nice to share early experiences with other owners too. Obviously there is a risk but think it's minimal.

I would imagine any such risk is mitigated more than it used to be (if just to a small extent) because of the use of the MQB platform across VAG vehicles.

The car looks very nice and barring redundancy or a lottery win I'll be ordering one next August when the current PCP comes to an end. Will be interested to see more interior pictures this evening (assuming what's been leaked isn't yer lot for the moment).

I would imagine any such risk is mitigated more than it used to be (if just to a small extent) because of the use of the MQB platform across VAG vehicles.

I tend to agree with you apart from the niggles of rattles and the like that emminate from the internal fittings. I had a variety of noises with my first Yeti, 2010, which were sorted after a few return trips to the dealers.

My current PCP runs until September 17, by which time I'm hoping any initial bugs will have been ironed out. I'm thinking of upgrading to one of these for 3 years, then hopefully the PHEV version will be out and the bugs in that ironed out too. I like the outside styling but mostly I'm just pleased skoda finally have a 7 seater at just the point where I need one.

Early adoption is a risk, but then so is buying a few years in.

Buying after launch exposes you to early teething issues.

Buying well into production means the manufacturers and suppliers have begun looking to take cost out often resulting in inferior quality. Common practice.