• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Back then at 2000's was something that was attracting interest but now the company stopped producing aftermarket parts for Felicia 

https://milotec.de

but that grill can still be found

https://autodilyfojtik.cz/predni-maska-sportovni-felicia

https://www.agauto.cz/15346-milotec-predni-sportovni-maska-skoda-felicia-1997-2000-po-faceliftu-milotec/

https://www.skoda-tuning.cz/produkty/maska-milotec-skoda-felicia-facelift-lim-combi/

I saw that thread while looking for an aftermarket grill although my initial thought was to ''de-badge'' the original and keep the chrome outline.

Personally I don't think that any aftermarket grills fit these cars, especially the facelift. I am curious to see what are you planning on doing to your original one. 
In my opinion the best front look for the felicia is the prefacelift grill with facelift bumper, without this splitter:
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JOLO2tZVb5JMSS5Tejw6SW7uucAmMMvU/view?usp=sharing
...or full prefacelift with headlight washers:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RT_4MFkjnBvD9pMBhuPSXgXbWfU6OFAR/view?usp=sharing
For the facelift I really like what this guy did with the octavia mk1 vrs front bumper and the grill (not a huge fan of the headlights):

Може да бъде изображение с автомобил

But with this front end you'll need side skirts and deeper rear bumper which is obviously not what you are chasing😁

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Raychev05 said:

the best front look for the felicia is the prefacelift grill with facelift bumper, without this splitter:

Hmm, not enough incoming air to the radiator with this design. I live in a hot climate country so i am not optimistic.

23 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Hmm, not enough incoming air to the radiator with this design. I live in a hot climate country so i am not optimistic.

Felicia/Favorit was designed to supply cooling air through the bumper, the grill is mostly cosmetic - 1990-1992 Favorits had no grill at all.

I've even seen some flow simulations that showed that grill can actually take some air away from the radiator, due to low pressure area on the bonnet edge ( probably reason why the newer Škodas have top portion of the grill blocked out)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Papez said:

Felicia/Favorit was designed to supply cooling air through the bumper, the grill is mostly cosmetic - 1990-1992 Favorits had no grill at all.

I've even seen some flow simulations that showed that grill can actually take some air away from the radiator, due to low pressure area on the bonnet edge ( probably reason why the newer Škodas have top portion of the grill blocked out)

Interesting info.

All I've kept reading on different forums so far that, no-grill design was a fault for Favorits.

Who has a wind tunnel at their backyard anyway?

54 minutes ago, Papez said:

I've even seen some flow simulations that showed that grill can actually take some air away from the radiator, due to low pressure area on the bonnet edge

( probably reason why the newer Škodas have top portion of the grill blocked out)

I never liked the ''bad boy'' hoods and lights cover.

Air-Drag-Reduction-Car-01-600w-30fps.gif

Blocked out? You mean this way?

s-l500.jpg

30 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

All I've kept reading on different forums so far that, no-grill design was a fault for Favorits.

Early Favorits had just small slit, I'm not sure whether it did anything to cooling.. however, I've read numerous topics about Felicia front swap, where removal of the scoop behind the bumper cover lead to reduced cooling performance.

22 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Blocked out? You mean this way?

Yep, and it's same on the other brands, like my SEAT with considerable smaller grill:IMG_20220523_111449.thumb.jpg.941c6fe3da9e3f4e46dff7d3a33ec9c6.jpg

8 hours ago, Papez said:

Felicia/Favorit was designed to supply cooling air through the bumper, the grill is mostly cosmeti

Many years back i had the idea to go to a guy (painting and repairing plastics for cars) and cut those grilles from the lower part and replace them with hard plastic mesh.

He said it's not good for the reduced resistance of the bumper in crashes so i abandoned the idea.

The cool air goes down and i thought that more air will ''hit'' the radiator but...

7 hours ago, Papez said:

I've read numerous topics about Felicia front swap, where removal of the scoop behind the bumper cover lead to reduced cooling performance.

You mean this plastic cover?

CYMERA_20220523_193925.jpg

1 hour ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

You mean this plastic cover?

Yep, it extends more in the bottom portion and helps direct air to the radiatorspacer.png

You are right, i never had the thought to touch this, i believed that there will be some kind of incoming air turbulence so i let it as it was.

Many times i wanted to cut those plastics and replace everything down there with plastic mesh but i wonder there would be some kind or ''gain'' from this procedure or these 2 help ''pushing" the incoming air to hit the radiator in a straight line rather than swirling around.

000000775874.jpeg

19 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Many times i wanted to cut those plastics and replace everything down there with plastic mesh but i wonder there would be some kind or ''gain'' from this procedure or these 2 help ''pushing" the incoming air to hit the radiator in a straight line rather than swirling around.

I don't think there'd be any gain, as the hole provide enough air for the larger 1.6 and 1.9 rads.

Back to the topic, IIRC, the grill and chrome frame on the facelift model is identical to the Octavia MK1, so there might be some options. However, mounting around the chrome frame is different on Felicia.

I saw this yesterday, it's not for Skoda but is very interesting.

How come the front grill is 90% closed right at the air entrance?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-come-the-front-grill-is-90-closed-right-at-the-air-entrance.52146/

and a relative video for Front grille and not only:

• Like 1