Removing the glove compartment

Hi folks, me again...

Does anyone know if it's possible to remove the hinged moving section of the glove compartment from its outer enclosure without having to remove the entire glove compartment assembly from the dash?

Something has 'escaped' over the back of the glove compartment and is trapped between the movable section and the outer enclosure with the result that it's preventing the glove compartment from opening fully, so I want to extricate the offending object before anything gets damaged.

I know that in some makes of car the hinged, movable part of the glove compartment has pins that locate into fixings in the sides of the outer enclosure and that the pins can be released from the fixings by pressing firmly inwards on the sides of the movable part; I can't see clearly enough whether this is the case with the Superb or whether the hinge points have screws through them to hold the movable section in place.  I don't want to try exterting too much pressure on the sides of the movable section in an attempt to release it - it'll only need to move slightly to provide enough space to enable the trapped object to fall out or be extricated - if the hinges have screws through them!

Thanks in advance,

--

Martin

No the whole thing comes out but it's really easy.  Just make sure when you remove the screws (including the one hidden behind the push to open button), that you pull nice and level (horizontal) towards the back of the car.

See this PDF on how to remove: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59721777/PTC%20Install%203T%20Superb.pdf

• Like 2

WOKWON

Great info on the PTC install  :nerd: 

I have this fitted in my C Class and love this feature 

So the Skoda is getting another upgrade

Going to look on Ebay Again...

No the whole thing comes out but it's really easy.  Just make sure when you remove the screws (including the one hidden behind the push to open button), that you pull nice and level (horizontal) towards the back of the car.

See this PDF on how to remove: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59721777/PTC%20Install%203T%20Superb.pdf

Thanks for the info; I had already looked at the relevant pages in the workshop manual and it does indeed look like a straightforward job to remove the entire glove compartment but fortunately I no longer need to...  :-)

Despite me having faffed around and struggled for maybe 45mins yesterday trying to remove, by a variety of means, the item that was trapped between the movable section of the glove compartment and the fixed outer enclosure, when I opened the glove compartment a few mins ago the damn thing (a piece of plastic, about 75 x 40mm) just dropped down into the passenger footwell!  While I was driving the car earlier today it must have worked itself into *exactly* the right position to fit through the narrow gap between the inner and outer sections of the glove compartment when the door was opened, so the item has been retrieved and I no longer need to contemplate removing any or all of the glove compartment!!

Thanks to everyone for their input,

--

Martin

• 7 years later...