Worst mpg...

Ok I'm getting fed up now of all the 100mpg threads....

Let's see the other end of the spectrum.....

Rules ?

Has to be over at least 20 miles :-)

G.g.g.g. Gooooooo !

• Like 2

32 mpg average over a tank of fuel. S3 1.4 tsi 150 bhp sel exec I was not very happy initially.

The car has now gone over 5k miles and the mpg has jumped to 46mpg that was fully loaded long drive to and from France.

But it still a great car to drive and I don't care too much about economy it's just nice to have a quiet, comfy and pretty quick car.

32 mpg average over a tank of fuel. S3 1.4 tsi 150 bhp sel exec I was not very happy initially.

The car has now gone over 5k miles and the mpg has jumped to 46mpg that was fully loaded long drive to and from France.

But it still a great car to drive and I don't care too much about economy it's just nice to have a quiet, comfy and pretty quick car.

Mmmm ... Woody... I think you made a mistake ... I'll just edit if I may....

46 mpg average over a tank of fuel. S3 1.4 tsi 150 bhp sel exec I was not very happy initially.

The car has now gone over 5k miles and the mpg has decreased to 32mpg which I am delighted with that was fully loaded long drive to and from France.

• Like 2

If I put my toe to the floor up the lane from the main road in SWMBO V6 jag I get 4 m.p.g. Does that count??

I had to take the oil burner Superb so I when I try that I cant get lower than about 9 m.p.g. but about 30mph slower by the time I have to brake for the corner.   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

• Like 1

If I put my toe to the floor up the lane from the main road in SWMBO V6 jag I get 4 m.p.g. Does that count??

I had to take the oil burner Superb so I when I try that I cant get lower than about 9 m.p.g. but about 30mph slower by the time I have to brake for the corner.   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

No has to be your car lol ! I had 3mpg out of my Cobra but alas cars owned many decades ago also don't count :-D

Your car. You driving. 20 miles min. Photo of mpg..... No cheating....

• Like 1

I would say a bit less than 20mpg but will see what I can get it to do!

I had a Jaguar series 1 XJ12 saloon many years ago that did 7mpg wherever and however you drove it.

Spent £200 (a fair amount in '88) on service kits for the four Stromberg carbs, result?,  it still did 7mpg wherever and however you drove it!

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 2

thats pretty going on the france journey for a petrol. on my recent trip to france with streamlined roofbox and bikes on a bike carrier i averaged 42.3 down to Limoges, then down to just 39.8 whilst doing short trips down the west coast. it rose back to 42.01 whilst travelling back north to paris in stop/start traffic. all of those journeys were at c.65/70mph as i really was trying hard to get a bit more out of her, then from paris to calias, as i was a bit late for the tunnel ended up doing 90+ and then it dropped to 38.7 when i last refuelled. All of those figures are from a 190 SE-L DSG estate with c.8000 on the clock and tyres on eco pressure. Driving mode was Individual so i could coast when i could which isn't possible when the towbar electrics are activate on Eco setting. Incar computer shows c.45/47mpg on those figures.

i came from an XC90 and averaged 29 over the same French journey with same luggage but was doing 85/90 most of the journey in france. so i have to say i was a bit disappointed on those figures as i really thought i might get 50mpg down there, but just goes to show how much weight, roofbox and bikes can affect the MPG.  i'd hate to think how a caravan might affect the figures.

I did a return trip to cardiff at the weekend along the M4 with wife and 3 kids at same 65mph speed and Individual mode and computer showed 55mpg, so hoping next visit to the pump will give me better figures.

its a strange car as i've never been particularly bothered about MPG and after having Volvo's for the past 10 years which rarely achieved more than 20-25 mpg i've been hooked on seeing how carefully i could drive and how much the superb will give me per gallon.my old Audi S6 usually saw 13-16mpg, so in comparison the Skoda sips fuel.

thats pretty going on the france journey for a petrol. on my recent trip to france with streamlined roofbox and bikes on a bike carrier i averaged 42.3 down to Limoges, then down to just 39.8 whilst doing short trips down the west coast. it rose back to 42.01 whilst travelling back north to paris in stop/start traffic. all of those journeys were at c.65/70mph as i really was trying hard to get a bit more out of her, then from paris to calias, as i was a bit late for the tunnel ended up doing 90+ and then it dropped to 38.7 when i last refuelled. All of those figures are from a 190 SE-L DSG estate with c.8000 on the clock and tyres on eco pressure. Driving mode was Individual so i could coast when i could which isn't possible when the towbar electrics are activate on Eco setting. Incar computer shows c.45/47mpg on those figures.

i came from an XC90 and averaged 29 over the same French journey with same luggage but was doing 85/90 most of the journey in france. so i have to say i was a bit disappointed on those figures as i really thought i might get 50mpg down there, but just goes to show how much weight, roofbox and bikes can affect the MPG.  i'd hate to think how a caravan might affect the figures.

I did a return trip to cardiff at the weekend along the M4 with wife and 3 kids at same 65mph speed and Individual mode and computer showed 55mpg, so hoping next visit to the pump will give me better figures.

its a strange car as i've never been particularly bothered about MPG and after having Volvo's for the past 10 years which rarely achieved more than 20-25 mpg i've been hooked on seeing how carefully i could drive and how much the superb will give me per gallon.my old Audi S6 usually saw 13-16mpg, so in comparison the Skoda sips fuel.

:)skodarog This is a thread about HOW MUCH FUEL !!! You can use..... Ultimate and one and only aim is to get the worst possible fuel consumption you can over 20 miles.... While keeping your licence ...  Winner is a hero :-D

• Like 3

:)skodarog This is a thread about HOW MUCH FUEL !!! You can use..... Ultimate and one and only aim is to get the worst possible fuel consumption you can over 20 miles.... While keeping your licence ...  Winner is a hero :-D

ooooppps. 

best get my lead foot out them, sport mode and get down to Milton Keynes for some ragging around the roundabouts then.

• Like 2

So unfair because I know Nick's already the winner (from the 280 thread). I tried to undercut Nick's consumption a while ago by driving the car like a Harry Hardon lunatic but it just resulted in improved consumption.  :(

• Like 2

So unfair because I know Nick's already the winner (from the 280 thread). I tried to undercut Nick's consumption a while ago by driving the car like a Harry Hardon lunatic but it just resulted in improved consumption.  :(

Ah yes, I remember now... I wonder what would happen if I drove 15 miles normally-ish, and then 5 miles of B roads in 1st and 2nd gear on the limiter? :D

I just went to the post office and back and got 14mpg but this was only a couple of miles.

I am making a trip to Sandown Park early Saturday morning which is about twenty miles and a mixture of cold running uphill when I leave the house, a few miles on the M25 and a run through some nice roads around Cobham and Esher, I'll try my worst!

• Like 2

Ah yes, I remember now... I wonder what would happen if I drove 15 miles normally-ish, and then 5 miles of B roads in 1st and 2nd gear on the limiter? :D

That's not allowed lol !

• Like 1

So unfair because I know Nick's already the winner (from the 280 thread). I tried to undercut Nick's consumption a while ago by driving the car like a Harry Hardon lunatic but it just resulted in improved consumption. :(

I think we need some categories,

Worst diesel consumption

Worst 280

Worst 2.0 tsi

Worst 1.4 tsi

That should cover all popular engine choices and state if it's dsg or manual!

• Like 1

I think we need some categories,

Worst diesel consumption

Worst 280

Worst 2.0 tsi

Worst 1.4 tsi

That should cover all popular engine choices and state if it's dsg or manual!

Agreed .... Still .... Has to be a king of ( economy ) crappiness .... Someone needs to be crowned ...

Had a practise on the way home - bloody DSG is really going to hinder me, keeps changing gear and improving the consumption!

Driving up the M1 in third in manual mode isn't going to help it.

Had a practise on the way home - bloody DSG is really going to hinder me, keeps changing gear and improving the consumption!

Driving up the M1 in third in manual mode isn't going to help it.

I think the only way to approach this mission is :

1) Manual Mode

2) Some great roads

3) With plenty of twisty bits and hills

4)  Lots  of 1st and 2nd gear full throttle work

5) Loads of fun .....

6) And some good driving music !

7) An ice cold bottle of beer waiting in the fridge for your triumphant return ...

Edited by Nick_H
  • Like 3

1) Manual Mode

2) Some great roads

5) Loads of fun .....

7) An ice cold bottle of beer waiting in the fridge for your triumphant return ...

post-63706-0-95083400-1473291593_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

1) Manual Mode

2) Some great roads

5) Loads of fun .....

Cat & Fiddle here we come!!!

• Like 3

Drove my 190DSG Combi home from work in sport mode, manual change. I didn't manage the prescribed 20 miles so my results don't count but 38.4 MPG is the worst I've had on that run and I was so traumatized I don't think I can bring myself to do it again. I'd normally see around 46 in D or up to 50-52 in Eco.

• Like 1

Couldn't quite get it under twenty! It was reading 16mpg when I joined the M25 after 12 miles on mainly 60mph rural roads but the eighth mile motorway run ruined it for me.

IMAG0192.jpg

Sorry for the blurry picture I couldn't quite get to the motrway junction when the twenty miles came up, but it reads 20miles, 22minutes, 55mph, 20.8mpg

I'll be making the same journey next Sunday morning, it will be earlier so there should be less traffic so I may be able to get it under the twenty. (I'll go an extra mile though so I can take a safe picture off the motorway!)

Car was in sport mode and Auto, no manual changes.

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 1