Wide mouth

Mcinvrs

Had a good read of the guide on how to tackle the wide mouth mod and will be attempting it tomorrow. Just a couple of questions about it.

After sealing the mesh in place is it absoloutely neccessary to leave for 24 hours before refitting and driving?

Also, i will be using hacksaw blades to remove the number plate recess as i dont have a dremel/jig. I dont have a file to get as close as id like. Would sandpaper suffice for getting a nice clean edge?

Thanks in advance

If you've go a good strong Stanley knife blade, the plastic is actually soft enough to cut through with just pressure on the blade once you've made the initial cut, especially if you warm up the plastic a little first with a hair drier or hot air gun on low seeing.

Just be careful and take it slow age keep fingers out of the way, I take no responsibility for any missing fingers!

no, you don't need to, the gains are Minute.

Im pretty sure you get +15 ©bhp when you do it?

Nb - ©bhp = Cosmetic bhp, much like how sticker bombing the wings gives +13©bhp and folding rear seats flat reduces weight ;)

Edit- getting the copywrite symbols was utterly accidental

Edited by mac11irl