BCM for Superb 2.0TDI 170 1K0937087AL

ricgibbs

Can anyone help me source the above or advise if there is a newer model that replaces it?

I've searched ebay and googled with not much luck, it seems to be a rare one..

Just to confirm

VAG Part: 1K0937087AL

S0771/H112/AF

appreciate all responses!

The newest version I've seen is a 1K0 937 087 AR (SW:0903 HW:112) in a MY17 Yeti. 

Be warned, I've not checked it's a direct successor in ETKA so it may not have the same pins fitted as the AL rev.

What are you trying to achieve by replacing the BCM for a newer version?

Hello

Thanks for the reply.

The one I have is damaged (HID's :sweat:  ) - Front right indicator is stuck on permanently. 

I've not had much luck sourcing the one that's in the car at the moment so I was wondering if there was a another version that will have the correct pins etc?

Had a look on ETKA and it looks like 1K0 937 087 AL was superseded by 1K0 937 087 AL Z00. Alternatively, 1K0 937 087 AN is a good bet. It was also fitted to the Superb but I think it has two extra pins.

Unfortunately, neither of those are currently on eBay and a dealer will probably want close to £300 for a new one.

One other thing, do you have access to VCDS as you'll need to code the replacement BCM to your car. The biggest issue here is likely to be byte 18, if it's currently set to 00 then VCDS won't be able to correctly configure the lights. You'll need either dealer tools or VCP to sort this.

There is an AK rev on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252512856964 but I'm not sure it'll be correct for your car. At the very least you should check it has all the same pins as your AL rev.

Might be worth adding where in the country you are as someone local might be able to help with coding the light configuration of the replacement BCM.

Thanks.  Just going to check the pins on AK vs AL

I believe it's AL as that's what the box says (I took it out to check)

I live in East Ayrshire (near Kilmarnock) although I work in Fife (near Kirkcaldy) - I would be grateful if someone who has VCDS could check it out for me?

I am planning to get VCDS sometime just hadn't planned on this right now (due to the cost...unless anyone can suggest anything else)

If it says AL on the box, that'll probably be correct :)

Couple of threads to help you find a local VCDS user:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/262215-list-of-vcds-owners-previously-known-as-vag-com/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/224376-vcds-owners-map/

If you do need the light config sorting, the closest person I think could help is probably andyvee in Rossendale, but that's almost a 4 hours drive!

OK, checked the pins the AK version is missing quite a few  :sweat:

I found this but not sure if it's compatible.  It has the correct pins

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-GOLF-MK6-CABRIOLET-CENTRAL-LOCKING-CONVENIENCE-ECU-1K0937087RZ0D-NEW-/381502309233?hash=item58d34f4371:g:wY0AAOSwBahVGsc2

Note also, that I actually took the HID's out, but have yet to put them back in.  It's weird because the company assures me the sell 100's of kits even for new Skoda's.  It's a CANBUS PRO kit.

Interestingly enough though they say there are 2 cars that need a special kit and one of them is the Mk6 Golf.  In a few of my searches yesterday I'm sure the Golf has the same BCM...

This style of BCM seems prone to failures when after market HID kits are used. They are also used in the MK6 Golf and facelift MK2 Octavia, both of which have reports of this issue.

Personally I believe it's down to poor quality HID ballasts that dump energy in to the BCM when switched off, the big capacitor used on CAN-bus friendly kits isn't going to help...

I'm not sure if you can use a R rev as it's an older part which runs SW:0651 rather than SW:0771. Probably worth a try if you can find a cheap one, I've picked them up for ~£60 previously :)

Totally agree,  and one of the ballasts failed which I suspect didn't help at all.  Because the issue only started after i put in the new one...  But the seller was quite adamant that the failure would never cause the BCM to fail.

Oh well live and learn.

If you or anyone else come across an AL version I would be grateful to know.  In the meantime I snipped the live wire for the indicator to save my battery going flat the whole time...

Has anyone had any luck with buying one from a dealer without them fitting it?

At the risk of sounding glib, the OE ones. Alternatively you should look at using relays to control the switching of retrofit units to isolate the BCM from the ballasts. You'd need to make sure the relays don't themselves generate spurious voltages that will damage the BCM.

What year is your Superb?

Where did you source the HID kit from?

I've got the London Colour kit on my 2011 Superb and (touch wood) no issues in 4 years and almost 100,000 miles.

It is probably important to note I chose a non-CANBUS kit and had the car coded using VCDS to think it has xenon's fitted. I've heard some horror stories with the supposedly CANBUS friendly kits.

Here is the kit I have fitted...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XENON-HID-CONVERSION-KIT-H1-H3-H7-H9-H11-HB3-HB4-9006-/330379335700

Langers2k knows more about my BCM than I do!

Edited by silver1011

Hello silver1011

It's 2014 ('64 plate)

Wow that kit is cheaper than the CanBus Pro one I got.  They're offering to change it to one that the Mark6 golf takes but I'm not that keen.

On the other hand I really want HID's as I do 1500 miles a week of which quite a lot is early morning / evening, i.e. in the dark!

Is it easy enough to reprogram the BCM?

• Like 1

Is it easy enough to reprogram the BCM?

In what way?

The lcode is easy enough using VCDS.

If byte 18 is 00 then you need special tools to sort the lighting configuration, ODIS-e or VCP are popular.

If you want to protect the BCM from aftermarket HIDs, no amount of coding will help :) Either go the whole hog and fit OEM HIDs or try a bypass relay.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, we're cooking at last!

I have a new BCM...  and VCDS.

The question I can't work out myself is how do I copy the coding to the new BCM?

FYI: I've done an auto-scan and it picked up the faults I expected (i.e. a problem with the right hand indicator!)

Open the BCM (module 09) and hit coding.

You should have a dialog with the current coding and an empty box for the new code, simply paste the lcode from your old BCM into the 'New coding' text box and hit 'Do it'.

I'm just about at my wits end with this now.... changed the bcm.  put in coding from old bcm.  low and behold i get errors!

I don't have LED DRL's. And I've not touched the wiring

can any one help? 

Scan below.

Friday,07,October,2016,15:01:17:20497
VCDS Version: Release 16.8.1 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64
www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 09: Cent. Elect.       Labels: 1K0-937-08x-09.clb
Control Module Part Number: 1K0 937 087 AN    HW: 1K0 937 087 AN
  Component and/or Version: BCM PQ35  H+  112 0771
           Software Coding: 48990ABCE85BF1C0400800C0310081E44B7000AE43208560E480C7000041
            Work Shop Code: WSC 33361 790 00999
                      VCID: 7DF1CDD1F4A17FAAC5-8028
4 Faults Found:

02895 - Supply Voltage for LED Module for DRL and Parking Light; Left 
            010 - Open or Short to Plus
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 01101010
                    Fault Priority: 1
                    Fault Frequency: 2
                    Reset counter: 234
                    Mileage: 99615 km
                    Time Indication: 0
                    Date: 2026.14.01
                    Time: 14:36:40

Freeze Frame:
                        Term 15 On
                    Voltage: 12.05 V
                        ON
                        ON
                        Term 50 On
                        OFF
                        OFF

02897 - Supply Voltage for LED Module for DRL and Parking Light; Right 
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 1
                    Fault Frequency: 2
                    Time: 14:36:40

Freeze Frame:
                        Term 15 On
                        ON
                        ON
                        Term 50 On
                        OFF
                        OFF

01519 - Bulb for Back-Up Lights; Right (M17) 
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Time: 14:37:13

Freeze Frame:
                        Term 15 On
                        ON
                        ON
                        Term 50 On
                        OFF
                        OFF

01518 - Bulb for Back-Up Lights; Left (M16) 
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 2
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Time: 14:37:14

Freeze Frame:
                        Term 15 On
                        ON
                        ON
                        Term 50 On
                        OFF
                        OFF

Edited by ricgibbs

BCM houses the remote central locking control, should still be able to lock manually using the key in the door.

If you've run into 00 issues, I'd swap the old BCM back in until you can get to someone with ODIS or VAS to copy the coding from the old unit

Thanks for the help so far!

I've checked transport mode is off, I can use the key in the drivers door.

I've tried the recognition test via adaptions > central locking but no joy. Is there something I am missing? Sorry i'm quite new to VCDS although have read lots about it.

I don't want to put the old BCM back because of the indicator staying on...

Out of curiosity (i'm a computer tech!!) how can I get hold of ODIS?

Have you paired the both remotes to the new BCM and checked factory mode is off as per this page: http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/VW_Golf_(5K)_Body_Control_Module

ODIS is only available from Skoda/VW and has a very expensive subscription to use it. You can get pirated versions of both the hardware and software but isn't something we can discuss on the forum.

A more supported option is VCP. I can extract the old lighting configuration from your damaged BCM but you'll need someone to apply it. The closest person I know has VCP is 4 hours away from you...

I was trying to pair using adaptions but didn't realise about clearing the old ones first.

Hey presto and it worked.  Just need to find my spare and do that as well now...

Ref the lights, I'm thinking about getting VCP.  Can I copy the old config with this too?