What are your plans when your finance is up on your VRS? Buy, give back or sell elsewhere?

What year is yours? To me it looks like something that simply slots into the empty area of the wheel but I cannot find that specific piece on the internets anywhere :S

EDIT: Found it! http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RS-steering-wheel-insert-from-Octavia-III-RS

50 Euros for a little badge FML, thing is though will it fit my Mk2 Fab? The picture on the product page shows a wheel that it fits and it looks exactly the same as mine, but I don't want to order it and find out there's some tiny difference that stops it from being compatible.

Edited by Skyl1n3

What year is yours? To me it looks like something that simply slots into the empty area of the wheel but I cannot find that specific piece on the internets anywhere :S

EDIT: Found it! http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-RS-steering-wheel-insert-from-Octavia-III-RS

50 Euros for a little badge FML, thing is though will it fit my Mk2 Fab? The picture on the product page shows a wheel that it fits and it looks exactly the same as mine, but I don't want to order it and find out there's some tiny difference that stops it from being compatible.

Mines a 14plate

I remember someone posting pictures of a last of the line VRS that his elderly mother had paid the thick end of £20k for with all the options included, that was going to be used as a 40 mile a week shopping trolley......probably lost about £12k on it in two years.

Edit: Found it:http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/326968-1st-september-2014-delivery/

She still loves the car and thinks its great even on long motorway journey its comfortable enough and offers a enough punch to keep up with fast moving traffic.

So far its done 6607 miles.

It will be a great second hand buy for someone.

Being on finance the depreciation isn't really noticeable unless buying it outright then selling it.

She hasn't decided yet to either buy the car outright and keep it or trade it in and start new PCP.

The only thing is what to replace it with.

My mother like the performance and wants an auto.

So at the end of next year we will have a look around and see what 200 hp auto small 5 door hatches are out there.

If nothing is suitable she will keep the Fabia.

Edited by AJR77
  • Like 2

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to update the topic - if after a long period of absence! I decided to sell my vRS, which I was absolutely gutted about doing. I've regretted/missed it ever since. When I got my new car, I was genuinely disappointed in nearly everything about it. The vRS takes some living up to. 

I recently looked at buying another but the reality is I still do a lot of miles. I'd love to hear what everyone else has done with their vRS's and if they've sold them on, what did you move on to? And how has it stacked up to the vRS? I'd especially love to hear if anyone has tried any other hot hatch and what they think of it! 

On 12/08/2019 at 12:22, kipperbailey said:

Just wanted to update the topic - if after a long period of absence! I decided to sell my vRS, which I was absolutely gutted about doing. I've regretted/missed it ever since. When I got my new car, I was genuinely disappointed in nearly everything about it. The vRS takes some living up to. 

I recently looked at buying another but the reality is I still do a lot of miles. I'd love to hear what everyone else has done with their vRS's and if they've sold them on, what did you move on to? And how has it stacked up to the vRS? I'd especially love to hear if anyone has tried any other hot hatch and what they think of it! 

My mother decided to keep the Fabia and pay off the finance and bought the car outright as the trade in offer matched the outstanding finance so it meant there was no value in the car when it came to trading it in against another car.

Looking at the Fabia as it is there is a lot to recommend about it. It has plenty of space for a small car and is really comfortable to drive everyday. 

As a car in 2019 it is just too old now (Fabia was released in 2007 with a lot of bits from the mk1 Fabia) to be recommended with the segment moved on quality and specification with second hand values of newer models becoming affordable.

But singling out the vRS version it does offer something different which isn't currently been done by other manufactures, which is a quick comfortable small hatchback that isn't really that "sporty".

Manufacturers marketing departments promote hot hatch as being good on a track which probably means uncomfortable on the road.

I still think the engine does offer something special. Comparing the Fabia to my daily driver which has over double the BHP and 0-60 in less than half the time, when I do drive the Fabia on a long journey on all types of roads it more than enough and refined for the job. I still enjoy driving the Fabia it's fun and it doesn't go silly speeds but is enough power to over take safely on public roads.

So I think if someone is a current owner of the vRS Fabia and is happy with it I don't think there is anything on the market that offers the all round warm/hot hatch performance and comfort so I would say keep it even for the engine.

For someone that was looking to buy a small hot hatch I would say shop around as there are faster more sporty small hot hatches on the market without the reliability issues of the vRS.

• Like 1