Octavia III reversing camera

I make that to be about £160.....  Does that represent good value?  I do like the idea of a proper (VAG) replacement boot handle and camera.

I bought mine from 'cars-equipment' as I linked above in this thread - I contacted Vaclev and he price matched the one that was cheaper. It was about £160 delivered.

I also used the part number to source it from the UK and even with a trade discount it was about £240

Although it can be done cheaper with no OEM stuff, I just cba ordering all the bits and hoping it would work

I bought mine from 'cars-equipment' as I linked above in this thread - I contacted Vaclev and he price matched the one that was cheaper. It was about £160 delivered.

I also used the part number to source it from the UK and even with a trade discount it was about £240

Although it can be done cheaper with no OEM stuff, I just cba ordering all the bits and hoping it would work

Hi Wakey, if I ordered this for £215, is this everything i need (plus someone to turn it on with VCDS)?  Does the handle just fit with no cutting?

Thanks, I'm happy to spend the money but fed up of ordering stuff to find, its not everything or it does not work etc...

Hi Wakey, if I ordered this for £215, is this everything i need (plus someone to turn it on with VCDS)?  Does the handle just fit with no cutting?

Thanks, I'm happy to spend the money but fed up of ordering stuff to find, its not everything or it does not work etc...

I've emailed car-equipment to see if they will do it for £160.  By the looks of it, this is a direct fit, no cutting required.  Just need VCDS to enable it.

I highly doubt it, it depends on the age of the car. This is well covered on the simply clever thread by the way. Its after a certain build that you needn't worry about the later handle. I'm not aware of an OEM style standard handle for earlier cars, without chopping up your car, if there is I'd very much be interested what the part number is.

Mines a may '16 and the handle just unclips and is replaced with the handle/camera assembly - no cutting; just push and click. I wouldn't dream of cutting tbh.

As vRSAnt says, there is a cut off point where the older/smaller aperture handle was replaced with the current larger item. Perhaps vaclav can shed some light

Nice result skodaphile, thanks for the pics.

However, the camera seems a bit misaligned to me (chinese QC?)...

Some kind of evidence is the two black area at the upper corners.

I don't see such problem if I check the feedbacks on Ali.

I would check if it's possible to correct the camera position somehow.

The external rubber covering should come off easily, and if the camera is fixed by screw(s) and not glued you can probably adjust it with some fiddling.

Still a good result for a cheepo camera, the viewing angle is great, like with the original one. :)

Night vision is ok?

Edited by aki78

Nice result skodaphile, thanks for the pics.

However, the camera seems a bit misaligned to me (chinese QC?)...

Some kind of evidence is the two black area at the upper corners.

I don't see such problem if I check the feedbacks on Ali.

I would check if it's possible to correct the camera position somehow.

The external rubber covering should come off easily, and if the camera is fixed by screw(s) and not glued you can probably adjust it with some fiddling.

Still a good result for a cheepo camera, the viewing angle is great, like with the original one. :)

Night vision is ok?

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look when it's not :rain: ing    :dull:

I was happy enough to accept the slight black areas, but if I can sort it then great! Night vision is very good (I do have some excellent cree LED reverse lights and I live out in the sticks so it gets VERY dark at times :D) - there is actually adjustment on the screen for brightness/saturation/contrast which is useful.

Cheers.

Edited by skodaphile

No I think you are right I think it may be in this part number. 5E5827566D or C

Its mentioned on this with the 2013 ETKA partfiche in view supported the idea this is the smaller 90cm ish width release.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Skoda-Octavia-III-3-5E-OEM-Ruckfahrkamera-RFK-Nachrustsatz-RVC-camera-5E5827566D-/201568615559?hash=item2eee6cfc87:g:ggkAAOSwx-9Ww2NA

I guess the drawbacks and why it was replaced is its more difficult to get your whole hand into the release, thus less ergonomic. Makes sense.

I think its a price worth paying to not chop your car up though. Particularly under warranty.

ETKA on here

http://etka.cc/skoda/part_single/catalog/sk/markt/CZ/modell/OCT/year/2013/drive_standart/753/hg_ug/827/subcategory/827010/part_id/0/lang/e

5E5827566C push button for electric lid lock actuator
for vehicles with reversing camera system
D - 26.05.2014>> - 02.12.2014

5E5827566D push button for electric lid lock actuator
for vehicles with reversing camera system
D - 03.12.2014>>

• 2 years later...