Verifying 90 or 105 hp

I've checked some registrations vs. g/CO2, which is what made me suspect what was being advertised.

Maybe this is what you have being doing, but if not type the reg in here

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk

This will give you Co2 emissions, then cross reference to here, that will give you the info you need

http://www.nextgreencar.com/emissions/make-model/skoda/fabia/

• Like 2

CO2 is tricky as autotrader etc will list the standard for the model but that doesn't include optional extras - for example spare wheel normally increases it by a couple of grams!

Surely the easiest way to check is to create a comparethemarket insurance quote (or similar), and just change the reg each time and their database should know if it's 90 or 105?

I've noticed that generally the 105hp versions have that info detailed in the car's name - e.g Fabia Hatchback 1.4 TDI 105 SEL. The lower powered ones I've seen advertised only have 1.4 TDI. Same goes for the insurance websites.

On Autotrader the 74 bhp, 89 bhp or 104 bhp ones for sale look all correct as i can see.  Plenty advertised right now.

Just be sure to get the seller to check what they are selling and explain you do not want a wasted journey.

Edited by Offski