1993 Favorit LXi Plus 43K for breaking or Project (Free to good home)

Hello you might remember I posted a message about the above a few weeks ago. Sadly in the interim some little f******s have got into the garage and kicked in the headlights and tried to hot wire the car. They actually went for the main loom rather than the ignition on the dashboard. Having said that this is a clean little car with excellent panels, an engine with only 43K on it and would be a good parts car if someone does not want it for a project.

The car is in Gillingham Medway and free to a good home. You will have to come and put it on a trailer though. If not the old boy who owns it will have to scrap it as he has given up driving. Drop me a line if you are interested and I will put you in touch. No idea how to attach an image here so will picopaste  an image. Sorry it is not better: dark garage and could not roll car out as did not have keys.

http://picpaste.com/066-86sHp5nN.JPG

Edited by Matt Bodycombe

She looks sad so I brightened the place a bit. I hope she will go to somebody who doesn't own a car rather than to a parts smuggler.

8PK2uRs.jpg

Edited by RicardoM

I hope so too. She runs but the sad thing is she was perfect last week. The useless council here changed the lock and the old boy could not get into the underground lock up to get the car out. He has sent his licence back.I had a mate who was going to buy it.Did not stop louts popping lock though. As said car is straight but has had headlights smashed, the front grille kicked in and the wiring ripped out. Needs a home asap or will face scrapper I'm afraid. Seems a waste but does not seem to be much interest in old Skodas like this. I will contact Skoda Club GB which I am a member of.

Edited by Matt Bodycombe

No surveillance cameras around the garage? I bet there are a billion in the UK. Since people gave up their privacy in exchange of police efficiency, it would be nice to get something in return. Any leads on the case? Can't be too many known losers stupid enough to try to hotwire a Favorit.

Against my better judgement, and obverse to a promise that has been made.........

I have a couple of questions....

1) How badly damaged is the wiring?

2) Is the external physical damage just the lights and grille?

3) Does your friend have the keys and paperwork?

4) Whereabouts in Gillingham is it? (Roughly.....Strand? Hospital? etc)

Edited by RainbowFire

There is interest. I've thought about a few classics more than once.

I just don't have anywhere to keep it that would be secure.

I'm not adverse to 'sponsoring' a few to keep them going. Just don't have the floor space...

I have the space, and given it's location, I could probably push it to that space.............it's no more than 5 miles away.

Well I take it back lol I have one guy who has expressed an interest.Old boy wants rid in a hurry as in an unlocked garage and all the while there it is open to more damage.Council may come change locks any day then hassle to get keys as they are fooking hopeless.

So pros:

Sound engine

No rust

One owner from new

Clean interior

Cons

Ripped out wiring under dash

Mangled wipers

Kicked in headlights

Kicked in grill

Battered steering wheel

Give me a PM if interested and will give owners number.As said it's a freebie just have to get it on a trailer.We'd rather it wasn't scrapped.

Sorry Location is just off Saunders Street lower Gillingham. Two sets of keys and all paperwork. It was a runner a few weeks ago and put an ad here for it.Sadly vandals got to it before I found any takers...Garage is quite dark but body looks ok.Cramped space stopped them from completely wrecking it.

Saunders Street, i know it of old.....used to be my route to The Black Lion (the pub, not the sports centre ;) )

Hmmm, ok. Let me think on this one (could be a 4 a.m trip with Scout to recover it ;) ) I would need to break a couple more promises if I did take it (One of which was to go down to 1 car instead of 3).But, it can be stored off-road and with relative security, and it doesn't sound like it's too badly damaged. I have an almost complete loom from an E36 323ci, so I'm not short of wire to repair / rebuid the loom. ;)

Well nobody has made an offer to take it away yet so the owner will probably have to pay to have it scrapped. It is a shame. Emailed mag editor and tech guy of Skoda Owners GB about it asking for them to pass word on but got no reply from them.I would like to cut the hands of the scumbags who vandalized it :(

Edited by Matt Bodycombe

Go on eBay with the car. No need to rush the process.

Agree with the cutting hands part but someone could say that only Muslims do that and that everything Muslim is bad. I say do the cutting hands part a few times with maximum media exposure and the theft/burglary/vandalism statistics will go exponentially to 0...

I was only joking about the hands or was I?

Yea I have put it on ebay starting at 0.99 no reserve. However owner wants rid fast as wants to stop paying rent on garage. He is 80 years old and does not want the hassle.Council will probably come change the locks on garage soon but then se have to get keys off them.I just said I would try the enthusiast sites to see if I could drum up some interest.I am always sad too to see the prospect of a good car being scrapped.I would have it myself but not technical.

Sid the owner says he'll give it one more week then he'll get the breakers to take it away. I tried.This is last post from me on this.

Edited by Matt Bodycombe

I should be speaking to the landlord tonight about following this up.

I think part of the problem with finding it a home is that, even for free, it's not cheap to get just the headlights (for example. It's actually cheaper to get BMW E36 headlights than Favorit ones. Although if E36 ones could be made to fit a Favorit........)

I'll let you know what the landlord says...........

Should have some Favorit headlights in the shed from when I broke a couple for parts last year. Will see if I can find them at the weekend. If I can find them welcome to have them for this car.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...