Is it RS, or vRS?

And Audi have been using RS since the RS2 in 1994...

Yes, but they have numbers after the RS and not Just RS.

So there is no difference between vRS and RS3, RS4 etc.. as they as not "RS". From what I recall Porsche had been using it before Ford, but Ford then trademarked it and most likely have an agreement with Porsche to use the name.

Definitely pronounced Shkoda, with the o sound like 'Bob' rather than 'toe'. Jusht a thought. I think it'd be shuperb if they got Sean Connery to do the narration for all their TV ads.

So the Dutch guy I was talking to the other day was pronouncing it correctly - go figure!

The French could not give a monkeys on any story on Ford having a Trade Mark or Copyright or such to RS.

The just shrug their shoulders and carry on with and Renault RS that they want to name.

Renault Sport is written R.S. , so again, different from plain RS.

Very true.

When did you last hear someone say Ford Focus RS or Renault Megan R dot S dot.

Rally Sport  or Rally. Sport.  

& they are not going Rallying but on the road or maybe a track unless off coarse you get the Rally Sport version.

Skoda now have a Fabia R5 & the S2000,  shame they don't sell any other than as Rally Cars with AWD which are in limited numbers and not 

in the Showrooms.

At least Skoda sell something to the public that reminds people of their Motorsport Heritage and Success,  the Trim level that are the 'Monte Carlo'.

& some luke warm vRS's.

Pathetic really.

Edited by Offski

The French could not give a monkeys on any story on Ford having a Trade Mark or Copyright or such to RS.

The just shrug their shoulders and carry on with and Renault RS that they want to name.

I begrudgingly admire the French.

Cheese-eating surrender monkeys they undoubtedly are when there's a military weapon within a light year of them but they do know how to stand up for their industries.

We could learn a thing or two from them.

I've lost count of the number of times my P&O Dover to Calais ferry has been disrupted due to "ferry workers activity".

Edited by SkodaVRS1963