West Meon Hut (temporary relocation) #44 - Tuesday 1st November

BJB540

This is mainly a formality these days for most, but posting for any new comers.

Tuesday 1st November, 19:00 onwards at the West Meon Pub, GU32 1JX.

People seem to arrive from 18:45 though.

Due to closure and refurbishment at the West Meon, we will use it's good location for meeting up and chatting etc. Then head on down to the Red Lion in Petersfield, where we need to be for around 8pm. This is located at postcode: GU31 4AE with the car park we'll use behind Waitrose being GU32 3JA.

I realise some people probably won't want to travel up to the West Meon if coming from that direction so feel free to meet us at the Red Lion for about 8pm.

Everyone welcome... particularly Skoda, BMW, Suzuki, Honda owners and even Lee (though that might be another 8 month wait...)

Bit more info for those who care...

The West Meon are refurbishing and restaffing, they cannot guarantee being open, so me and Austen (the pretty boy in the Swift) have agreed with the management at the Red Lion we can have the front room of the pub sectioned off for us.

We've only found this info out today regarding the West Meon so hopefully this reaches everyone thinking about attending and the regulars. If anyone else has any other pub suggestions around the area etc let us know and we'll see if there is something else we can arrange.

• Like 4

I didn't actually mind the Red Lion, food was of a good standard, also being a Spoons generally means it won't be that bad... location wise, isn't there some local pubs around that area with some big car parks?

There is a good one out on the A272, but it's a bit pricier and also another car meet is booked there on Tuesdays. Which mean a revised data potentially.

• Like 1

What about this pub, www.pubwithnoname.co.uk/

Not far away and still located within Petersfield, so similar distances, has a big car park from what I remember, quite happy to drop them an email if people are interested?

The actual pub is located: Priors Dean, Petersfield GU32 1DA

• Like 1

What about this pub, www.pubwithnoname.co.uk/

Not far away and still located within Petersfield, so similar distances, has a big car park from what I remember, quite happy to drop them an email if people are interested?

The actual pub is located: Priors Dean, Petersfield GU32 1DA

Why not, see if they're willing to accommodate, then next meet in November, we can have a discussion about how we progress. I.e. are we going to stay at the Red Lion or give the West Meon Hut another try or do we relocate completely? :)

It's difficult to do it on the forum as we don't get all the regulars input. :(

Edited by BJB540

Think it's more to do with the size of the car park and wether the pubs happy with 20 or so guys hanging around in it.

Food being good and cheap is important but, without the car talk in the car park what sort of meet are you going to have ? and more importantly is that the sort of meet you want?

Whilst happy with the Red Lion as a stop gap and through the winter it maybe ok but, the car park is some way away.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...