Should I buy an Octavia III or fix my Octavia II?

I've got to agree with all Mikes comments above ( and in previous replies ) imho the mk111 isn't as well screwed together or as comfortable as my 1.9 tdi elegence estate, I'm in no hurry to change mine even though I could afford to 

I would like to try the superb non dpf estate though........... But hens teeth comes to mind, which superb diesel don't have the dpf ?

Edited by davidwhite

Mike, 

I don't think the yeti would cope with the amount of 'essentials' my daughter needs to take to uni or my fishing tackle plus it have the drag coefficient of a brick and seriously lower mpg certainly don't make it a contender 

as previosly alluded to the depreciation on a £10-12 k used car purchase up to say the next 3 years is a drastic hit to ones back pocket obviously the longer you keep a car the less it 'owes' you, year on year depreciation becomes more acceptable and if you are lucky yearly running cost are far lower than newer car depreciation plus you are not running an unknown identity