Roof rack + bike carrier

kit

Try calling Roofbox.co.uk they will let you know all the bits you need and you can ask for them all to keyed alike so the bike racks use the same key as the feet.

You will need bars, feet and fixing kit as well as the bike racks

Had the 591s a few years back, they are the business I got alteras much cheaper in a package subsequently but they are no where near as good.

Also used roofbox.co.uk and they are helpful and knowledgeable, worth a phone call to confirm 100% but their vehicle selector says, 754 feet, 1594 adaptor kit, then bars, 969 if you want wing bars then your 591s.

Edit: and the 969 127cm bars make sense as that is what I use on my estate I made the assumption you have the hatch.

Edited by TheClient

Had the 591s a few years back, they are the business I got alteras much cheaper in a package subsequently but they are no where near as good.

Also used roofbox.co.uk and they are helpful and knowledgeable, worth a phone call to confirm 100% but their vehicle selector says, 754 feet, 1594 adaptor kit, then bars, 969 if you want wing bars then your 591s.

Edit: and the 969 127cm bars make sense as that is what I use on my estate I made the assumption you have the hatch.

Thanks for that :)  I have the hatch version.....just rang Halfords here in Dublin quoting those references and they want 359 Euro for the whole shebang...and here was me thinking it would a be cheapish do!!!

Yeah, that is about what I would expect. Roofbox.co,uk was about £350 - £360 using their multi bike rack deal.

Although, they had a complete package deal with Whispa Bars, which I had on a Focus and I really liked even better than the Aero bars. They were very quiet, not sure what their feet kit is like for the Octavia though - never seen it. It was showing £329.95 when I looked for your car.

Edited by TheClient

OEM Skoda roof bars aren't bad either, for the estate at least. Like a whisper shape, key locks, slots with rubber insert strips which the 591 slots into perfectly. Dunno how much they are compared with Thule though.

Whispbar are about the best to be honest in my experience,  S16 bars is what you need which regularly come up on eBay for £60-80 posted second hand.

For example: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ProRack-Whispbar-S16-Roof-Bars-with-K328-Fitting-Kit-/191924928573

Then you need the correct footing kit from roofbox.co.uk for £25

then simply add your bike carriers, again can pick them up second hand on eBay or Gumtree.

Should get the lot for £200 if you look around.