Apple car play

Hi all

My iPhone 7plus drops out whilst connected via USB to Apple car play on my VRSs Amundsen unit. Often only takes 15 minutes, sometimes I get a little longer, but it always drops out. Sometimes it reconnects after a few seconds, sometimes it doesn't. I have tried multiple leads so I have ruled out a bad lead. Has anybody else experienced this or am I just lucky?

unpair and pair your phone bluetooth.

not sure how this would impact on the CarPlay connection.i have the occasional two or three connection attempts on first connecting but once done very stable

Agreed, bluetooth won't help. Bluetooth gets disconnected when plugged in to Smartlink or at least it does on mine(using android auto).

My connection can be a bit flaky at times too - it wasn't an expensive option but I'm a bit disappointed in it. Connection a bit hit and miss and when connected, spotify doesn't fire up half the time even when there's 4G connection. 

I've got a Sony xperia Z5. 

I have noticed this more since I upgraded my phone to iOS 10.0.2. One day no problems then the next day "iPhone disconnected and iPhone failed" messages. Becoming a real pain.

The the last few days I have been using my wife's phone which is still on iOS 9 and not had a single issue. So could be an iOS 10 bug. They did upgrade CarPlay in that release.

I have noticed this more since I upgraded my phone to iOS 10.0.2. One day no problems then the next day "iPhone disconnected and iPhone failed" messages. Becoming a real pain.

The the last few days I have been using my wife's phone which is still on iOS 9 and not had a single issue. So could be an iOS 10 bug. They did upgrade CarPlay in that release.

Many Bluetooth and WiFi bugs are being reported in iOS10, hopefully when iOS10.1 is released it will help - the iOS10.1 beta is certainly better than iOS10 was.

Skids inplementation of CarPlay is buggy in my opinion, it will fine for weeks and then I get a few days where I have to reset the system (press and hold power button until logo reappears) 3 or 4 times in a row. I had my first service the other day and asked if there was any updates to the software and I was told no. I find this hard to believe after a year since it's release.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had frequent disconnects or refusing to connect at all, since upgrading to IOS 10 (iPhone 5s). It worked flawlessly up until the IOS upgrade. I have since upgraded to 10.1.1 but unfortunately that hasn't resolved the issue.