Rapid armrest retrofit

I always pull the handbrake with my fingers parallel to it, using the edge of the palm to press the button when I want to release. Works a charm!

However, I have yet to see a passenger buckle up with the first try.

Got it on a manual, it is a bit hard work with the handbrake but fine for changing gear i find.

I 2nd this as well.  I read about the arm rest obstructing the handbrake.  I don't have any issues and most of my driving is in Bristol which is famous for its congestion.  Whilst the design could be better, its always down for me.

I recently took a punt on a Chinese armrest specifically built for Rapids off eBay (LINK), which slots into the storage just behind the handbrake. The OEM one is too expensive and from comments on here gets in the way of using the handbrake. This one allows you to adjust the protruding length, has two layers of storage and a couple of USBs for charging (they provide a USB charging cable with the armrest). For £40 delivered (assuming you don't get stung by import duty which I thankfully didn't) it seemed worth a shot.

It took about 3 weeks to arrive but IMO well worth the price. There's foam pads on the base to press it into the storage so it doesn't move so much, mine still moves a bit so will add some more around to pad it out. It looks great! For my arm length I extend it a little so I can get to the handbrake and change gear, and once I get somewhere where little/no gear change is necessary it's easily extended. You can still just about use the cup holder at the back too. 

Some pics below of the armrest.

Skoda Rapid Armrest Collage.jpg

Edited by DunDunFather