Colours of Lane Assist (Lane Departure Warning) Converging Lines

When I first bought my Skoda Superb L&K, the Lane Assist’s instrument cluster display functioned as per Figure 203 in the Owner’s Manual (Page 159). See attached image: post-47227-0-40666400-1477732339_thumb.jpg.

When the Lane Assist system was active the 2 converging lines were white. If I approached a boundary line of the road or lane, the respective line would change to orange/yellow. Once the car is back in the middle of the lane, the orange/yellow line would revert back to white. The line would change to orange/yellow if the edge of the road or lane markings could not be detected. This gave visual indication the Lane Assist was active or not. The Lane Assist warning light, located at the bottom of the instrument cluster, operates correctly, ie. changes from orange/yellow to green when the Line Assist is operating (above 65kmh ?).

A month ago the Lane Assist stopped functioning as it did. When I reach the required speed for the Lane Assist to operate, the Lane Assist warning light changes to green. On the instrument cluster both the converging lines change from orange/yellow to white for about 2 seconds, then revert to orange/yellow. The only time the lines are white are for the first 2 seconds when the Lane Assistance first starts to operate, eg. after slowing down or stopping. The Lane Assist warning light continues to operate correctly. The Lane Assist steering intervention appears to work, although, I sense, with less intervention than when the display was functioning correctly.

The same fault occurs when I have the Adaptive Cruise Control engaged. I am driving on the same stretches of dual carriage way or motorway with good lane markings, that previously I had the white diverging lines and which are now orange/yellow. The areas that the sensors/camera necessary for the Lane Assist to function correctly are clean and the problem occurs in good weather, day and night.

I have taken the car to my local Skoda dealership, who sought advice from Skoda. After carrying out various electronic and road tests have failed to diagnose and remedy the fault. They do not appear concerned as the steering intervention appears to work, but I like having the visual indication that the Lane Assist is operating correctly. Also, I find having an orange/yellow display in the instrument cluster to be distracting. So, I believe this is a safety related issue.

Has anyone else experience this issue with an incorrect display of the Lane Assist and, if so, how this was resolved? I know this is a minor issue, but it is really irritating.

Many thanks.

The lines in my car are orange/yellow, when Lane Assist has locked/confirmed a line in both sides of the road. They are only white, if only one line is "locked". I have "Adaptive Lane Assist" checked in the radio.

I have checked that there are no dead spiders or condensation and all looks clear. I am confident this is not the issue, as these were also checked by my local Skoda dealership.

I bought the car at 6 months old and I am 100% confident that during the first month that I used the car, when it was travelling on a road/lane which has good edge road markings, the converging lines shown in Lane Assist’s instrument cluster display were both white once the car achieved 65kph. If you veered towards one edge or the road markings stopped then the respective converging line(s) went orange/yellow.

Thus a white converging line indicated the Line Assist was being tracked correctly. A orange/yellow line indicated a warning - either the Line Assist was no longer tracking correctly or a steering intervention was required. When veering towards the edge, the change to an orange/yellow line coincided with the steering intervention feedback.

I associate the orange/yellow as a form of visual warning, hence for the last month driving with 2 converging lines constantly being orange/yellow, other than the first 2 seconds, is disconcerting.

Do other users of Lane Assist have constant orange/yellow or white converging lines in their Lane Assist’s instrument cluster display?

Many thanks.

Tested mine today.

Lane Assist only = White detected lines turn amber only as you get near the road markings. Steering input only when you get close to the lane lines.

Adaptive Lane Assist = Briefly shows white then turns to amber. Steering input keeps you centrally between the lane markings or at the position you are holding if only one line detected.

Same with mine. Amber at low speed. Once threshold speed is reached it turns green. When travelling on (say) motorway when I indicate to change lanes it turns amber for the duration of the indicator then returns to green.