amundsen MIB2 2016/17 map updates just out

My Apologies guys, just checked the DBinfo against what was already installed and they are identical - sorry to have raised your hopes unnessessarily

Back to waiting for may to come round - i suppose id better get on with something useful while i wait

• Like 1

Just checked with my VIN

MIB1 no longer shows  ECE 2016/17 update link only "Data for the map data was not found. Please contact your dealer"

Maybe the November update is just being uploaded to the server... who knows

Just checked with my VIN

MIB1 no longer shows  ECE 2016/17 update link only "Data for the map data was not found. Please contact your dealer"

Maybe the November update is just being uploaded to the server... who knows

Same for me, "Data not found". Weird, a few days ago I saw the 2017 update was available but when I tried to download it, it wouldn't..

I'm not sure this is a new update. I updated mine in June, my current map version is ECE 1 2016/17 which is the same as the one showing on the update portal...

Back in June I posted a direct link to the download on another thread, which was http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/downloaders/STD2_0635_EU_1_2016_2017/Downloader.exe?ver=636006251797169461&extension=.exe

The direct link I get this time is almost identical

June: downloaders/STD2_0635_EU_1_2016_2017/Downloader.exe?ver=636006251797169461&extension=.exe
Now: downloaders/STD2_0635_EU_1_2016_2017/Downloader.exe?ver=636141305689648527&extension=.exe

The only thing different is the "ver=" parameter in the string, this this changes with every page load from what I can see
downloaders/STD2_0635_EU_1_2016_2017/Downloader.exe?ver=636141306294665627&extension=.exe

It looks like these are the maps I already have.

I'm not sure this is a new update. I updated mine in June, my current map version is ECE 1 2016/17 which is the same as the one showing on the update portal...

Back in June I posted a direct link to the download on another thread, which was http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/downloaders/STD2_0635_EU_1_2016_2017/Downloader.exe?ver=636006251797169461&extension=.exe

The direct link I get this time is almost identical

June: downloaders/STD2_0635_EU_1_2016_2017/Downloader.exe?ver=636006251797169461&extension=.exe

Now: downloaders/STD2_0635_EU_1_2016_2017/Downloader.exe?ver=636141305689648527&extension=.exe

The only thing different is the "ver=" parameter in the string, this this changes with every page load from what I can see

downloaders/STD2_0635_EU_1_2016_2017/Downloader.exe?ver=636141306294665627&extension=.exe

It looks like these are the maps I already have.

Downloader.exe link itself doesn't show the map version, you can see the map version after you download and run the Downloader.exe.

Now, with my VIN
MIB1
ECE 2016/2017 (last June)  link available again along with the info " Further update of GPS data will be in May" Have /Skoda/Here/(Navteq) decided to Skip the scheduled November update?!? I'll wait and see

Edited by Siman

It was the same for the Columbus update last time.

The next update moved from may to Nov without a new download but after a couple of months it was finally released.

I think the message about the next update in Nov-May is automatic based on the date (not triggered on purpose).

I think the map data is just late & there will be an update available in the near future.

VW Discover Media (Skoda Amundsen) November update 6GB  ECE P64   ( http://vw.download.navigation.com/automotive/VW/MIB1/MIB_Standard1_Single_Files_EU/P64_N60S3MIBS2_EU_NT.7z  )  download link available... Probably the main difference will be the "car related" POI's that should be VW dealers/service  instead of Skoda ones... Downloading right now to give it a try...

Edited by Siman
  • Like 1

Haha, probably I figured out the ECE 2017 download link for MIB1 Amundsen:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD1_P64_EU_2017.zip

Just started downloading.....

P64 was the keyword, thanks Siman. :clap:

I will give it a go tomorrow.

Guess what the update portal still shows the 2016/2017 maps for my VIN (or unexpected error).

Edited by aki78
  • Like 1

I've just  came from testing the VW discover media ECE 2017 P64  everything looks to be working as if it was the skoda version even the car-related PO'Is show skoda dealers+service (not VW ones as I feared it would)

Tomorrow I´ll see how it goes when driving (expecting no surprises, though)

Haha, probably I figured out the ECE 2017 download link for MIB1 Amundsen:

http://infotainment-cdn.skoda-auto.com/base/maps/STD1_P64_EU_2017.zip

Just started downloading.....

P64 was the keyword, thanks Siman. :clap:

I will give it a go tomorrow.

Guess what the update portal still shows the 2016/2017 maps for my VIN (or unexpected error).

The Skoda one is also OK, just checked.

IMG_0256.jpg

I've just  came from testing the VW discover media ECE 2017 P64  everything looks to be working as if it was the skoda version even the car-related PO'Is show skoda dealers+service (not VW ones as I feared it would)

Tomorrow I´ll see how it goes when driving (expecting no surprises, though)

working fine (despite my unit  keeps  not  displaying roadside signs after 2nd or 3rd map update... don't know if map data for my country is missing that info since then or not)